PSP 4GB & 8GB Memory Sticks

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Many of us already know that 4GB memory sticks are already released for the PSP, and 8 GB are due out sometime this year (dont know when :confused: )

My question is to everyone who has used a memory stick with a psp:
-Is it easy to transfer large music folders? How long does it take?
-Has anyone tried transfering Movie files onto the memory sticks?
-Is the hefty $160 price tag on the 4GB memory stick worth it?

P.S. (i do not own a psp)

Thanks.

ok music doesnt take that long to transfer. i find its quicker by usb than using a memory card reader. takes me a few seconds per song via usb (you can work that out for how many songs you have). ive also tried transfering movies. once converted to .mp4 a whole movie took about 20 mins+ (only tried video copying on my old and slow pc so may be quicker on my new one, the movie was around 300mb). as for the 4gb memory stick.. i only think its worth it if your psp is your main system, ie: you dont own an mp3 player or any other portable device. i have a 1gb card and can store 2 whole movies at pretty good quality, 3 simpsons eps at good quality, a few pics, a few game saves and 5 or so homebrew apps with about 1mb left over. i dont put songs on mine because i have an mp3 player. 1gb is plenty for me but its all about needs.

thanks, yeah the psp would be my main system , because even though I have a lot of music I would only like to cary a maximum of one gig worth of music.

tHanks.

Where do you find a 4GB memory stick for purchase, because I checked San Disk's website and saw it but theres no where to purchase it...? :(

I find music pretty quick to put in my psp and videos also I have tried transfering a few movies to my psp use psp movie creator and it overwrote other movies I saved but that was a while ago and I was newbie still am

the main thing is music, im really not going to be itching to watch a movie on my psp.

games and music, its something apple can never produce with the ipod.
i hope the stupid 8gb is released soon and the price on the 4 gig ms goes down.

thats wiked news :) ... i really need a biger memory stick now im on 1.5 with lots of free games

I have a feeling that it'll be another disaster. The prices of those MemorySticks won't justify the need for those movies. After all, anyone can upload movies into MemorySticks.

Back
Top Bottom