...Thunderbug in Screen, As If.

john123 said:
um...may i ask what is a thunderbug?
yeah, anyway what kind of monitor do you have crt lcd? i would just take the thing apart and remove the bug thing wutever it is, if it's a crt you gota be real careful because the thing holds voltage.

Hey, cheers for all the replies...Been out today so didn't get them!

...I thought this was a common problem, after all, my Dad has two thunderbugs in his VAIO screen. My screen is a Viewsonic VX924, LCD.

Look here...Same thing has happened to this chap:
http://www.shibbyonline.co.uk/2005/06/30/bug-in-screen/

Apparently they go in the screen because it's very bright and very warm. Then they crawl about driving you mad, then die, generally typically in the middle of the screen.

I have NO idea how to get it out but it's driving me nuts...I don't know how LCD's work, i think they have a protective layer (?) and it's between that and the screen.

Help, anyone???

Wiredchild said:
...I cannot believe this.

I was just having a nice conversation with someone on MSN, and, right in front of my face - a thunderbug crawls smack into the middle of my screen and parks there.

I tried to lure it out with a bright light but the little bastard died a couple of inches from the edge of the screen.

Is there anyway to get this sucker out???

It's a Viewsonic VX924

...I am furious, i hate bugs!!!
I had a fly go on my screen, I just flicked it uptop. It hit the top and it just went away

I would CAREFULLY open up the screen and slowly disassemble the stuff until you get to te bug. Wipe it out and then, put EVERY SINGLE thing back in place (That means not to lose any pieces) and make sure you don't crack the LCD panel. It should be okay afterwards.

X1337 said:
I had a fly go on my screen, I just flicked it uptop. It hit the top and it just went away

...Some people are finding this hard to grasp i see.

The bug is IN the screen...Take a look at this site, a feller has the same problem and a video so you can see how infuriating it in before they die, like mine did:
http://iammattthomas.com/journal/ant-farm

How hard/dangerous is it it to open the LCD up and get him off??...He's doing my nut but i cannot afford another LCD if i screw this one up.

...What're we thinking chaps?

O i though you mean, on the screen not in the screen. Ha that is a diffrent story than :D

In the future, don't leave your monitor or anything on at night if you don't have like airtight windows, otherwise the bugs will be attracted to your room and try to get in there... Ugh, thats nasty

Is the only answer to take apart the LCD?...Is that purely unwise?...The warantee is almost out on the monitor and i don't think it covers insect invasion!

A mate suggested, as the bug 'got in' somewhere, i should be able to get some compressed air and blow 'it out'...Seems unlikely though.

...If i take it apart, i reckon it'll have to be straight away, before the bug decomposes.

Back
Top Bottom