A question about the 7600GT

Yes, that should be able to handle it.

What's your budget for the case?

Low: Coolermaster Centurion 530
Medium: Chieftec Dragon
High: Akasa Eclipse

Those are my favourites.

And yes, I believe it does

sure you would! it has no power cable, it just goes into the mobo, the card is SLi capable, and your computer could definitely handle it. the card is great, i love it and i can play any game with max settings with at least 30 fps. the card is great. if you're going with eVGA, whihc i think you should, the card's fan is pretty loud. but its no big deal if you have the sound on, i forget its even on.

you will really like the card, and evga backs their cards up with a lifetime warranty! how coulod you go wrong? especialyl with their great tech support

It seems eVGA have a problem with noisy fans, my 6600GT it a liitle loud but when the CD drive starts whirring its easily drowned out.

IHateDells said:
It seems eVGA have a problem with noisy fans, my 6600GT it a liitle loud but when the CD drive starts whirring its easily drowned out.
In the 7600GTs case, that is not really true. When not playing any games, the 7600GT is very quiet (I can't even hear it), it kicks up a little in game, but it's no where near as loud as a 6600GT or a 6800GT.
(yes mine is an eVGA incase you didn't read my sig.)

lian li is a very good case. go for it. and yeah i installed my friends 7600gt, and it has no extra cable to the power supply.. only the bulkier cards like my 6800gs need it. wierd that an older model needs the extra juice but eh.. cards weren't as efficient i guess.

I have the 530 version of the Centurion, which looks identical but doesn't come with the tool-less bits for the CD-drives and the floppy drive.

One word - amazing! It looks great, you can put an 80mm fan instead of the duct on the side panel, its got a vent for the graphics card and its got tool-less PCI slots. :D

Back
Top Bottom