does anyone know why this happens?

toias123

Baseband Member
whenever i start up my torrent program (and i've tried a few now), my broadband comes to a halt when i open explorer at the same time. All torrents suddenly cease transferring and my internet is dead.

If anyone has had this problem before or can help i would be most grateful.

cheers

joe

try rebooting the router.
I had quite similar problems,when ever I was downloading torrents they would download slowly and the internet wouldn't work. Then I rebooted the router and everything was fine again.

Could it be that your ping might be too high for your ISP? If the ping is too high (say 400), the ISP server mightdrop you out becxause you take a lot on it. It depends on the ISP.

That is just a thought. I am not sure if this is really the proble...but it might be.

if you just leave only the torrent on. does it still turn off, or only when you add more stress to your bandwidth.

i think its when i add more stress and look at the internet at the same time. Any ideas?
Tried rebooting the router but no joy.

well in my experience.. my internet just dies when i use torrents. i'm on a 768k dsl connection and once i have bittorrent on, browsers games everything are unplayable/usable. my advice is just leave torrents on when you're not at the computer.

same here, i use cable high speed internet and when i download alot and surf the web sometimes the internet won't work and i need to reset the router.
Also make sure you have port forwarding setup, as i did this and thing it helped out alot with this issue. and if this helps any, i use Utorrent as my client

Back
Top Bottom