Reappearing purple spot!

Is there something magnetizing next to it? Screens has a tendency to do that. If you have a magnetized screwdriver, put it in front of you screen,you will se what I am talking about. The, demagnitize it to make it go away.

Could be a magnetizing point in the monitor too.

If you have a CRT monitor, degausse it.
Make sure nothing is near it thats magnetic, yeah.

kchi55 said:
my friend just purchased a viewsonic lcd monitor. he gets the same problem with the purple tint. only.. it covers the half the screen.. literally. he called in for a replacement yesterday.
That sucks.
Jamxx said:
You have a CRT monitor, right? Sounds like on one portion of the screen, the colors are slowly being skewed. I think it's about time for a new monitor, hate to say. Oh, do you have anything magnetic near the monitor? That could be affecting it. However, I've seen dying CRT's... and they all have similar symptoms like yours.
Oh come on! this thing is less than a year old! I have an 11 year old packard bell monitor sitting on a desk right next to me and it still works flawlessly.
lhuser said:
Is there something magnetizing next to it? Screens has a tendency to do that. If you have a magnetized screwdriver, put it in front of you screen,you will se what I am talking about. The, demagnitize it to make it go away.

Could be a magnetizing point in the monitor too.
No, there is nothing around my monitor at all.
Kage said:
If you have a CRT monitor, degausse it.
Make sure nothing is near it thats magnetic, yeah.
MikeReiner said:
If I degauss, it goes away for about 15 seconds, then slowly builds up again..
99nasha said:
You tried degaussing it?
MikeReiner said:
If I degauss, it goes away for about 15 seconds, then slowly builds up again..
prosser13 said:
Everyone - he said he's degaussed it, and that it comes back.

Read his post!
:)

I don't know guys... this CRT is just not old for a CRT... I don't see why it should be doing this.. if I get rid of this CRT i'll be worse off, all I have to replace it is a 17" CTX with blurry pixels that causes a LOT of eyes strain in a very short of amount of time, it's utterly useless.
I don't have the money to get a new one...

Wow, alot of people said that :p

Have you checked in the menu's? or pressed a button with Degausse on it? That de-magnatises the screen, which usually causes those kinds of problems.

(The appearing after 15 minutes may be to do with a device thats transmitting magnetic type signals out which is affecting the monitor),

so try moving it slightly more away from the computer (which can cause it), or away from any speaker that may be near there.

lol everyone keeps saying that it's something magnetic around it. i'm not going 2 tell you to deguass it because pretty much everyone so far has said that....i say try flipping the monitor upside down and see what happens!! idk if anything would change but why not try? :p idk really what your problem could be... you said this is a NEW monitor? or referbished(sp)? if it's a referb thats y, but if it's new is the warranty still good on it?

MooseMan said:
lol everyone keeps saying that it's something magnetic around it. i'm not going 2 tell you to deguass it because pretty much everyone so far has said that....i say try flipping the monitor upside down and see what happens!! idk if anything would change but why not try? :p idk really what your problem could be... you said this is a NEW monitor? or referbished(sp)? if it's a referb thats y, but if it's new is the warranty still good on it?
New, had a 90 day warrenty, though. On the flipside, it was rather cheap, about $80.

You should go with LCD monitors. They eliminate the spots from possible magnetism. I have an LCD and I will never switch back.

Back
Top Bottom