I lost a case because of my friend not paying attention

lhuser

Golden Master
This case was bought as an early birthday gift. Cost me $100 and this was a nice one. He now owes me a case...and I know which one...since we will get it.

Anyways, this case:

Front:
pict00055nq.th.jpg

Top:
pict00060tm.th.jpg

Has broke badly into:

Top:
pict03231bx.jpg

pict03258yo.jpg

The top screws completely broke off, meaning it is completely useless. It is not rescrewable, one screw is jammed because of it being torn.

Front
Same thing. The front took off.
pict03267gi.jpg

Of course you'll say too bad, he owes you one and that's it, but this is my mom who bought it. I paid special are on this and I was happy. Now, I am sad losing it. It was almost a sentimental value...as when my mother puts stuff in it, I care about it. I love my mother a lot and I never let her alone. I always follow her with the heart troubles and all she got and she put with. It will be hard to put the sticker R.I.P on it.

This is not a SAD life I have. Its how much care I put on it. If I would have bought it I would be like: You owe me one. Too bad. I wouldn't be really angry or sad...since I would have bought it. But this is mom who bouht it, it has sentimental values. I will transfer the stuff on my modded case for now until I get the new one.

Yeah, I will take him to a reclying PC shop and they sell blue XPS cases for $25! That's a nice bargain.

I'm glad the led fan and he stuff didn't got hit.

can you not glue it?

look on the bright side... this may spur you to go out and make a really really cool case mod, something really really individual, made from scratch, using in the the mainboard tray and drive bay holders from your now broken case, get creative, bend spray and mould your way to a 100% unique original case. then you get to keep the sentimental value, cause you know that underneath your masterpiece is the case that your mum bought you!

root said:
can you not glue it?
No, it's too broken in.

root said:
look on the bright side... this may spur you to go out and make a really really cool case mod, something really really individual, made from scratch, using in the the mainboard tray and drive bay holders from your now broken case, get creative, bend spray and mould your way to a 100% unique original case. then you get to keep the sentimental value, cause you know that underneath your masterpiece is the case that your mum bought you!

You knwo what, you are a miracle! Yes, I can make one out of this! Or...I could buy the top...but I need one that is badly damaged, but top in good condition.

Actually, do you know how to remove the trays from the round shapes? Do I unsolder it? (I do have one.)

Another thing I could do is to fill the holes with something and use some body filler, splash some black on it and bam! It is as new!

This is a very nice thinking root. You actually got my brain set for somethng...Thank you! Reputation added!

I'm not entierly sure what case that is,

but usually the mainboard tray (if it is removable) will be held in by some screws on the back, undo thises and it should slide right out.

the drive bays are a little more difficult, they'll either be hald in by some screws that are possibly slightly hidden by the lip on the case where the sides go on, the screws hold the drive bays to the front of the case, or they will be welded to the front of the case using simple spot welds.

I only suggested using these parts since they will have been recision made to make sure the holes are in the right place, (and it could be a bit of a bugger re making them)...

alternativly you could always fashion a new top... there are instructions on how to vacume form new plastic parts here.

http://www.macmod.com/content/view/602/

lhuser said:
Yeah, I will take him to a reclying PC shop and they sell blue XPS cases for $25! That's a nice bargain.

I'm glad the led fan and he stuff didn't got hit.

Oooh, is it the old 4th generation XPS's? :D That's cheap...all you need to do is find a good BTX motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom