Graphics Card/Monitor.

BhangMe

Baseband Member
I was reading somewhere that if you have to powerful of a graphics card that when plugging it into a certain(old monitor i guess) it wont work.

I have a 19inch dell ultrasharp that had a 6800 Ultra plugged into it. But, I ordered a Nvidia 7900GTX, and was wondering if it would work with the dell monitor. I'm pretty sure it would work, id just feel better with a second opinion.

thx

haha, whoever told you that is just plain stupid.

A video signal is a video signal, it's not stronger or weaker between older and newer video cards.

yeah. 7900gtx can go with any color monitor you throw at it.. i forgot how it's set up in reference to the dvi / vga connectors, but they give you convertors according to what you use anyway.

MikeReiner said:
haha, whoever told you that is just plain stupid.

A video signal is a video signal, it's not stronger or weaker between older and newer video cards.
It depends. Old montiors, like back in 1990 does not support higher than 640x480, henc, the fuzzy lines on it. But, these monitors does that to ANY card who has 800x600 or higher.

Newer monitors, ones after 1994, have support to at least 1024x768 and ANY card will work on it. So, whoever to him that, is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom