Reappearing purple spot!

MikeReiner

Golden Master
On the top right corner of my screen, there is a purple spot. When I turn my monitor on after being off for like an hour, the spot is not there. It appears after about 10 minutes. If I degauss, it goes away for about 15 seconds, then slowly builds up again.. any ideas guys? I have nothing magnetic around the monitor at all.
:confused:

Sounds like a hot pixel

EDIT: Do they multiply or anything when you run yourmouse over it??

or rather pixelS. it's a pretty sizable area on the top right that changes colour. I dunno what I can do about this....
BhangMe said:
Sounds like a hot pixel

EDIT: Do they multiply or anything when you run yourmouse over it??
no

From what I gather, you meant to ask if the cables i use were dusty?.. no.. I don't think so.. this monitor was bought about 9 months ago maybe.

my friend just purchased a viewsonic lcd monitor. he gets the same problem with the purple tint. only.. it covers the half the screen.. literally. he called in for a replacement yesterday.

You have a CRT monitor, right? Sounds like on one portion of the screen, the colors are slowly being skewed. I think it's about time for a new monitor, hate to say. Oh, do you have anything magnetic near the monitor? That could be affecting it. However, I've seen dying CRT's... and they all have similar symptoms like yours.

Back
Top Bottom