life decision

PCNoob said:
My friend is a 6th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

He can probably kill me/break every bone in my body in two seconds if he wanted to :eek:

That style is a joke.

PCNoob said:
My friend is a 6th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

He can probably kill me/break every bone in my body in two seconds if he wanted to :eek:

At 19!? Yea, Sure! Lol.

In my 15 years I've earned 2nd.

Either that or he trains at what I call a "McDojo" where they hand out belts for good behavior.

id say take it up again..6 or so hours a week or karate isnt so bad, if your looking forward to it, then you will have fun anyways as well as being commited to it..ive been doing taekwondo for 8 years, and i used to go to lessons to take a break from study from school or work and what not.

however...doing martial arts doesnt really help you fight better, it just gives you a deeper understanding of technique and knowledge. being able to fight well all comes from experience of fighting...you can learn alot of these fancy looking stuff that jet li does like spin axe kicks or spin whip kicks, but when it comes to a real situation, you probably wouldnt even be able to think. thats why sparring is the best way to gain experience in real life situations =]

Lol no no. I totally beleive that with Tae Kwan Do. Seriously, it takes like two years to reach your first black. And I know a black belt 9 year old. :(

Its really sad to see that, I mean they give the belts away, with Shudokan, you work, and work hard for it. I guarentee you I could knock the crap out this dude. Haha, does he even work at it, or is he just good there, helps out and gets handed a belt, while the master is saying "You are a great student, but cant fight worth shit. Doesnt matter, the good student part means more, here is your 5th degree''.

Hahaha, Imean im just kidding about most of this, but really, with Tae Kwan Do, there really isnt a set guild lines to get any black belt. They are litterally handed out, and as American Sensei pointed out, they can be handed out for good behaviour.

ArrizX said:
That style is a joke.

I must politely dissagree. The style is a great blend, good for street fighting if I must say so myself. If you use that as a basis and add other styles to it you will be very well set.

Lol do you take it? Someday ill find you and kick your ass, then we will see! :D

Edit-
Paradox, your never polite XD

If someone is twice as strong as you, yet your twice as fast, odds are that that someone will be beaten BIG time.

King of Kings said:
karate actually does help........and jet lie is jeet kune do. and it is a life decison nik because its a full commitment. I quit because I just grew out of it because I went so long

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but...

Jet Li is actaully trained in the art of Wu Shu, Bruce Lee was the founder of Jeet Kune Do, and Tony Jaa is trained in Muay Thai Boran, Krabi Krabong, Stick, Sword, Pencak Silat, Wushu, dance and gymnastics, and some TKD as well I believe.

As for the decision to go back to Karate. I'd say go for it... But only if you're willing to put it in the time and effort that it takes to keep undertsnading yourself and your art better... If you just want to go back to gain a black belt. Don't bother.

Just my opinion.

LMAO! Igornant statement. My friend and me were once walking home after a big football game. We had gotten jumped, he stuided all kinds of martial arts, including Karate. I was knocked out almost immediatly. He on the other hand won the fight with a 3 v 1 odds.

If he wouldn't of known what he was doing in the best case, i'd of lost all my money, and had to replace everything. worst case i'd be dead (however unlikely considering I don't think they would have the maturity to do such a thing)

Well, Nik, I'm doing exactly what you did in the American forum, every person I have known that is in karate says they're bad ass, but in reality all they know is maybe a cool little arm bar.

"he stuided all kinds of martial arts, including Karate."

Yes all kinds of martial arts, not just karate.. I highly doubt a black belt in karate could match against kick boxer fighters like Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia.

If you don't know who they are here are some fights, now they are fighters.

Here's Matt Hughes.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=883644243&n=2

My style focuses right now on joint manipulation. Get in break a knee, or their elbow, they are helpless. Then get first hit on you, well better hope you had done some focus training to brush it off, becuase when they are on you, your done.

Back
Top Bottom