acursed drivers!

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
alrighty i was gonna fix sumthing on a HDD for one of my friends. and when i connected it to my computer it apparantly installed all the drivers from his HDD to mine. his HDD was from a dell deminsion 3000 and it installed Legacy drivers on my computer. these drivers conflict w/ my nvidia drivers i use and i don't have any sound whatso ever now. and my knowledge on such things is limited. i went into my device manager and tried to uninstall them but it simply doesn't give me that option. it will let me uninstall my nvidia driver but not the legacy ones. i am very frustraighted and decided to turn to you guys as u have been a great help in the past when i was a more prominent member of this community. thanx guys

Are you using onboard sound? If not, perhaps this HD changed BIOS and enabled onboard sound which could override your sound card. Try disabling onboard sound in BIOS (or if you ARE using onboard sound, make sure that option is ENABLED)

okay i dled a trial version of driverMAGIC and used that to "cripple" the drivers so they wouldn't reinstall themselves then i went into device manager, properties, and deleted each individual driver but then when i would restart my computer there would be there again.. system restore didn't work and niether did the BIOS thing. i have to find a way to get rid of the drivers so they don't conflict w/ my original one. then i can reinstall the nvidia driver if necessary. keep ideas comming tho

EDIT: yes i am using onboard sound

i know a fix nething technique which would be to reformatt...again... i reformatted less than a month ago and realy don't feel like doin it again but if no one has ne ideas then what must be done.... :(

Back
Top Bottom