life decision

It all depends on whether or not its right for you. It is a commitment, and the ones that dont understand how its a life decision shouldnt even bother posting when they dont understand.

If you decide to go back, stick with it. I remember when I got my first black belt the pride I felt lol It is truly an honor. I used to take Martial Arts Training, and If you want to get technical with it I attained 2nd Degree Black Rank, But If My family hadn't been going threw a hardship and money werent an issue I was a week away from taking my 3rd Degree testing =\

What type of Karate would you be doing though? When I was taking lessons a long time back after purple there was brown, then red, then red black, then black.

Even if you decide not to go back to having lessons, you should always stick with it. I have self taught myself many new artforms along the years, its not something you can just do off and on. Always try bettering yourself. You dont necessarily need a belt as a reward, the betterment is a reward in itself

wow something I didnt know about you : )

im still with it,I havent abondoned it.I can still throw a wicked kick here and there : )

iv lost all my flexability though

I was actually supposed to test for blackbelt 3 months ago. however, I couldnt because of grades. Although, numerious times I have wanted to quite but still havent yet. I find it hard to do allotta the time. Just because there is so much involved. I dont know your sytle, but it has taken me 5 years to get to black.

If you cant make a commitment to do it, I dont think you should. Karate shouldnt be taken too terribly lightly. It is so deep, and so entwined in history, its almost never ending, there is so much to learn its amazing. And if you just want to do it because you had fun, but then got sick of it, I reccomend that you dont go back.

However, if you can manage to keep praticing the arts, past black belt, then by all means go for it. [assuming you wont get sick of it agian]

I'd do martial arts, but I wouldn't have the patience to do it. My buddy taught me a few punches and a few kicks. About it... And he proves the point strenght isn't always everything. I'm at least 2x as strong as him phsycailly yet i'm sure any time he felt like he could whoop my ass. We used to box each other and somtimes he'd toss some martial arts into it and puff there went me, falling towards teh ground.

Lol Yeah, Everyone talks about "fighting like a man" and "not fighting dirty" what it is, they want you to stand there and let them hit you, thats not how it works, you gotta move, dodge, feel free do a sweep kick and stomp on their face/gut when theyre on the ground lol

My friend is a 6th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

He can probably kill me/break every bone in my body in two seconds if he wanted to :eek:

like 19.

His dad is a tae kwon do grandmaster, or something like that, and got him started at a very early age.

6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + however long it took to get to the belt before black that means 19 + about 3 years, how is that?

I dunno, we don't really talk about tae kwan do.

Hmm, if that's how you get black belt degrees then he might be 4 or 5 degree.

I know he's above third degree.

Back
Top Bottom