cs 1.6 1440x900

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
does anyone know if counterstrike 1.6 supports 1440x900 resolutions? this is the native resolution on the new monitor im getting and i just waned to know if cs 1.6 supports it.

Here's what I got, the only thing on the top was 640x480

cs16res3fs.png

Should be. Is that a 16.10 format? I have Counter-Strike: Source, and it supports widescreen, so you should be okay. I don't really know though, but with some games I simply go into the configuration file, find the choices it gives you for resolutions, and change one of them to the one I want. Some games don't have configuration files, but the majority of them do and I'm able to change them to what I want.

cs 1.6 supports wide screen as well.. if that helps any. it's under display mode. i dunno i use a 17inch LCD from dell so i've never been able to successfully use widescreen mode.

Jamxx said:
Should be. Is that a 16.10 format? I have Counter-Strike: Source, and it supports widescreen, so you should be okay. I don't really know though, but with some games I simply go into the configuration file, find the choices it gives you for resolutions, and change one of them to the one I want. Some games don't have configuration files, but the majority of them do and I'm able to change them to what I want.
dude.. Counter-Strike was made around 2001, 2000. You really think there would be widescreen for computers?. Im sure there was widescreen for T.Vs but not computers.. I dont think there is away to change it. becuase the game was made to play 1280x1024 max.

Well, I really do think it supports it. Observe post number 6. I know, I know, y'all posted at the same time... :)

in counter-strike, go to display mode and change it to widescreen. You should then be able to use widescreen resolutions (atleast I can) but then.. the game looks very weird. the hug is very messed up. 1.6 does not use widescreen correctly, so I suggust you stick to normal mode.

I use source, which supports widescreen perfectly.

ok, so could a widescreen monitor with a max resolution of 1440x900 use a resolution of 1280x1024?

btw, i am getting source soon anyways, i hope, so thankfully this isnt too big of a deal

Back
Top Bottom