How's this Look?

It should run okay, yeah.

As for the processor, I have that model, and its a good little runner, but wouldn't beat a dual core or anything.

As for overclocking, if you wanted to do that in the first place, a 3000+ could get up to 3500+ and above in speed if you worked at it, as they are basically all the same, but with a different mulitpler setting. The internals of those chips are pretty much the same.

prosser13 said:
Looking good - stick with Socket 939 to save money. The 420W will run all that.

And get a 6600GT. I upgraded from a 6600 to a 6600GT and you really notice the difference, even if its just $20 or so.

It's a much better card

I am configuring from cyberpower, and I have a limited selection of cards...6600GT is not one of them. However, I was planning on getting the 7300GT listed on there. Would everything work alright with that?

Better yet...New Specs that im looking at, slightly Different.

# CAS: HOT NEW! X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Color)
# CPU: (939-pin) AMD ATHLONâ„¢64 3200+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
# CD: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
# FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (BLACK COLOR)
# HDD:160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
# MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
# MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
# OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
# POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
# VIDEO: NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD

I am buying this computer as an upgrade from..

AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53 GHz..yea..)
GeForce 6200
768MB RAM
40GB Drive (uhh...)
Some Motherboard that came w/ it when it was an HP

i just checked newegg. and found out that there IS a 7300gt.. never knew that before anyway.. that card looks like an alright substitute for the 6600. ummm i would definitely consider an upgrade in power supply. memory hdd and everything else looks pretty good.

kchi55 said:
i just checked newegg. and found out that there IS a 7300gt.. never knew that before anyway.. that card looks like an alright substitute for the 6600. ummm i would definitely consider an upgrade in power supply. memory hdd and everything else looks pretty good.

Don't think 420W will run everything else?

I'm pretty sure 420w would power your system. Least minimally.
Its always best to have a power supply that goes over your system spec needs though, as heat might be a problem if a power supply is running at full all the time.

It should be okay though.

Kage said:
I'm pretty sure 420w would power your system. Least minimally.
Its always best to have a power supply that goes over your system spec needs though, as heat might be a problem if a power supply is running at full all the time.

It should be okay though.

Alright, thanks, was just wondering. Everyone has been a great help, I'll try to become involved with these forums and hopefully learn some more :D

Back
Top Bottom