AM2 Suggestions please! (i need help)

Copperhead

In Runtime
if u guys dont mind it would help me out a lot to get ur input

im thinking about maybe going am2 instead of skt 939, but i have somewhat of a tight budget

it would help to get some suggestions for the following:

motherboard [ATX] ($75-125 give or take, but im guessing im going to have to give)
memory [2 x 1GB] (around $175 or LOWER!)

if i did this i would get the X2 3800 (good?)

hdd to go along with the system:
i need around 80gb for programs
and around 300gb+ for data/storage

also, no need for a good video card. i just edit video, all i need is good picture on a dual monitor set up

if im missing anything, please include that

thanks a lot!

doesnt video editing require a good video card? idk, im not too familiar with video editing and its resources, but it just sounds like common sense to me. u kno, video editing, video card. lol

but yes. ththat sounds like a very good choice in hardware. as u probably already kno, the x2 3800 is going to drop in price significantly around july 24.

all in all, if u build a computer with the specifications listed, it will be an awesome computer for any purpose, be it video editing, gaming(if u get a good video card), word processing, web browsing, multitasking, and just about everything.

badninja3 said:
doesnt video editing require a good video card? idk, im not too familiar with video editing and its resources, but it just sounds like common sense to me. u kno, video editing, video card. lol

but yes. ththat sounds like a very good choice in hardware. as u probably already kno, the x2 3800 is going to drop in price significantly around july 24.

all in all, if u build a computer with the specifications listed, it will be an awesome computer for any purpose, be it video editing, gaming(if u get a good video card), word processing, web browsing, multitasking, and just about everything.

Iunno, it could just be very processor intensive. I dont really do video editing so i dont know if it is video card intensive. But to answer your question yes the 3800+ is a good processor. Remember to wait for the price drop on july 24th :p

u dont need that great of a video card for video editing, pretty much any 128mb+ (probly even a 64mb) would get the job done..im jus gettin a decent 256mb for good picture in a dual monitor set up

im selling my san diego 3700 on ebay so ill have enough money for the dual core 3800 after the 24th (hopefully ill get around $170 for it)

Back
Top Bottom