My Desktop Sound Card

hockeyman4413

In Runtime
hi guys, my desktop sound card has been messed up for a couple months. i have a "Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS". the problem is that sometimes the right speaker doesn't have any sound at all. sometimes the left speaker will crack and hiss. i know it's not the speakers because it does the same thing if u plug headphones in. i have all of the current drivers. could it be that the card is fried? it's in a dell, it's not in a custom comp. Thnx in advance:)

mine crackles aswell (i dont have a crappy dell though). but it stops crackling after a few mins (i really should try and fix mine aswell). have you tried updating the sound card drivers? it could also mean that the sound card is f****d.

if all the drivers are up to date... it may be your soundcard. make sure it's tightly secured in the pci slot, other than that, i'm out of ideas.

It sounds like it is an issue with the sound card, if you have acces to any other computer try swapping it out and see if it has the same problems. Also, Dells aern't that bad, besides that the company has grown into a monster and taken over the entire computer market. :eek:

i dont plan on fixing it, im not gonna waste time upgrading/fixing my dell. it's just been buggin' me not knowing wats wrong with it. and no, dell isn't to bad, i'm just kinda mad cuz it's a decent card and it doesn't work. thnx guys :)

Back
Top Bottom