Slow Computer problems

ok thanks, i'll try the ccleaner too. I'm waiting for ad-aware and avg to finish scanning right now....so far they've both found a few things, so hopefully that'll help too

Sorry for the long delay here, but I work on this computer and sometimes other things take a higher priority.
Alright, I've downloaded and ran AVG, Ad-aware and ccleaner, but I still can't get into safe mode, this is the message that the monitor shows when I go into safe mode:
Out of scan range 35.4 KHz/86Hz

I just want to make sure before I download more anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that it isn't the monitor that is preventing me from getting into safe mode. Scans take so long on this computer that I'd like to avoid having to do them, I had to stop AVG at 5 hrs, and ad-aware took about 3.5 hrs, and they slow my computer down so bad I can hardly use it during the scans, which then I'm basically useless at work then. :(

It's the monitor stopping you from going into safe mode, which is strange.

My opinion, save everything you want to keep, and reformat!

Thanks! I'll have to get a new monitor on this thing temporarily. I wish I could reformat this thing, and I might later on, but there are so many people who use this computer who have their programs and files on the computer that it would be a lot of work to do it. Hopefully I get a laptop soon so I don't have to deal w/other people's crap on my computer.

Download,install,and update...
Avg Anti Virus
Spybot search and destroy
Spysweeper
Lavasoft Adaware

then do this

Msconfig
Ok I Recomend that you make a backup of all of youre important stuff just incase some thing happens
1.Click on Start.
2.Hit Run.
3.Type in Msconfig.
4.Click ONLY on the tab called START UP.
5.Disable any thing that you DONT need running clicking on the check box this will disable the start up item.
Note( I unchecked every thing except Zone Alarm And AVG Anti-Virus)
6.When you are done here click apply and then ok
7. After that you will be prompted with a dialog box that says Restart or Exit Without Restart
I usaully click on restart
Note when you start youre computer back up you will be prompted with a dialog box just put a check mark in the box and then click ok :)

Helpfull Hint
1.Right click on you're my computer icon
2.Hit Properties
3.Click Advanced
4.Under Performance Click Settings
5.Click Adjust for Best Performance

ccleaner should get rid of a bit of space as it removes temp files and such. great program.

Back
Top Bottom