Upgrading to Conroe!

hascet

Fully Optimized
I have a dell GX280 with an i915P/i915G motherboard w/ an LGA775 socket, its the motherboard that came with the computer so I was owndering if it was possible to upgrade to a Conroe using my existing setup? And maybe if it would be possible to overclock it as well. :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

hascet said:
I have a dell GX280 with an i915P/i915G motherboard w/ an LGA775 socket, its the motherboard that came with the computer so I was owndering if it was possible to upgrade to a Conroe using my existing setup? And maybe if it would be possible to overclock it as well. :confused:

you wont be able to overclock. hmm.. I wont think that it would support it.. I think the 945 Chipset is the one that supports it.. Im not sure but Im sure

hascet said:

no that wont work, you'd be better off just using everythign from your existing computer with a brand new motherboard and conroe.

Ok, sounds good any recommendations on motherboards that would work with the Conroe?

just get any motherboard as long as it has the 975x chipset. idk wat other chipsets are compatable but i kno the 975x is.

The only 975x motherboards taht support Conroe are the Intel "bad axe" make sure it is revision 304, or it wont work. There is also the ASUS P5WDH, and DFI Infinity.

Back
Top Bottom