What do you think of my build?

Nope I haven't bought any parts I gotta save up for a bit to afford all this but hopefully I can eventually get it! :) ALso, I'll do some research on the conroe you guys were talking about. Incase you wanted to know I will be doing some gaming on here but generally I wanted a real fast machine, so hopefully this will do the trick. :p

I'm no to familiar with the processor sockets and such so does the conroe still use the LGA775 socket, so I can use the same mother board or does it use something different? :confused:

yeah conroe uses lga 775 so that's not an issue for you.. and if it's a fast machine you want... conroe.. is definitely the way to go.

Ok, thanks for the help, but do you guys have any idea of the price for a X6800??? :confused:

Got my hopes all up about conroe, but after some research I believe its going to be way out of my price range...for the X6800 :(

To save me some money, could I use my existing motherboard which has a LGA775 socket and upgrade it with a conroe? Its an Intel i915P/i915G. It came standard in the Dell GX280. If you need any more information on the motherboard post and I'll try and get it.

EDIT: One thing that I did find is that the conroe is obviously dual core and the processor thats in here now is just a P4 w/HT. But I'm no expert so it could make no difference. :confused:

In reguards to your question, about the video card, I suggest the PNY or eVGA video cards. XFX cards are just too expensive, and offer minimal difference above any other less expensive 7600GT. Only plus is the lifetime warrentee, which odds are good you wont use.

Well about graphics cards now I'm not sure if I'm going to build a computer from scratch or just get a new case and top of the line Conroe for my current motherboard right now. If it is possible to upgrade then that what I will do and I will have to worry about saving up for a graphics card later on. :D

EDIT: Well I just found out that I can't use conroe with my existing mother board so I just might get a motherboard and Conroe for the time being and slowly upgrade evrything such as graphics cards. :(

Back
Top Bottom