Bought the Logitech G5 Laser mouse! =D

Sytheious

BSOD
I just went out and bought this $52 USD mouse. And since acquiring it, I can say it's not entirly worth $52. Here's why...

First off, there is a very nice button located on the left, known as the "Back" button. So, peopel naturally assume it performs functions liek any other mouse button. Oh! But think again! This button is ONLY a Microsoft application specific button. That is, until you wander through the Software for the mouse in order to change it's "function" to 'Generic Button'.

Because before I was playing games, as the mouse was designed for, and I noticed that you could not program that button to do anything in any game whatsoever.

But, after you finally make it Generic you can program it, however it was very frustrating figuring it out though. =/

Now, for the pros. =D

This baby is all about accuracy and nothign more. Anyone who uses Autocad, this mouse is for you! ;) You can set EXACTLY what you want the DPI to be on two mouse buttons, not only that, but you can fine tune at what variable you want the buttons to go to each time you press it. So for FPS games where you need quick sensitivity, hit the '+' button a few times and off you go! Or if you want to do photoshop and need super fine details in a small area, hit the '-' and you have super precision.

Not only that, but you can turn specific buttons on and off, or switch their function all together. Say you have to copy and paste a tons of files, but don't liek the hassle of right clicking then scrolling and selecting. Nope, not with this mouse. You can make any button have a "Cut" "Copy" or "Paste" specific function.

not only that, but you can enable a button to open up a specific program for you, or, for instance, have that button only usuable within one specific, or many specific, programs/applications.

And to top it all off. It's Laser. Not a pansy Optical. This thing is all about precision, and precision is exactly what you get. For instance, most opticals stick when you mouse them due to the surface that is located on the bottom of the mouse. However, with the G5 you have a very sweet type of material used to prevent stickyness and maximize movement and smoothness. This material is known as Polytetrafluoroethylene. Anyone who can pronounce that correctly is by far a genious! :)

Not only that! But it has weights in it! It has a little catridge that allows you to add 1.7g or 4.5g weights into it, to even further maximize precision! Definetly a unique and worthwhile charecteristic! :D

But yes, overall a very nice mouse, with the exclusion to making the "Back" button perform it's true functions! So, is it worth $52, not really, maybe $45. But it's nice, and it's a long-term investment, so then again it might infact be worth it. :)

Well, I was looking into gettin a new mouse. Although, the Mx518 Mouse that I have doesnt die out till I think 10Million clicks. So, it might be a while before I actually get one.

Sweet mouse though. Ill keep it in mind.

The idea is that it is a gaming mouse, not a general use one.

The weights are for if you want to be a sniper or a machine gunner, the heavier the mouse the more accurately you can aim.

It's a high precision mouse, and it's aimed at gamers ;) That's all I can say.

hhmnn sounds good i have the mx1000 and i have to say it is good when it works it does get moments of randomly jumping around the screen whihc is very anoying when playing games.

After a few days of testing I can conclude that this mouse is indeed about precision and gaming. What better way to start off gamign then with some First Person Shooters and MMORPGs! :D

Counter-Strike Source and this mouse go hand-in-hand. It's really easy to snipe if you lower the DPI settings, and it's easy to do a spray-and-pray if you crank up the DPI settings. That and the weights have little to no affect on actual performance. I tested this out over the LAN-party that I held at my house this past weekend.

The weights I think are just a gimmick. Because at most you'll only ever increase the actual weight of the mouse by about 33 grams. Which essentially is like air. So you really don't see THAT much of a difference.

However once you go into WoW or something, the mouse is quite handy. For viewing abgles it helps a lot. The DPI sensitivity increased to maximum gets you from 0 degress to 180 degrees in what seems like instantly. Just a very small movement, I'd say roughly 2/5ths of an inch of movement and you can turn about 50 degress if not more.

Plus, being able to change your senstitivity in-game without having to go into the options menu and fidnling around, really makes it a plus. For instance when playing GRAW and you are in the close quarters combat, and you want all your fire directed in one central location, turn the DPI way down and you have that affect. Or if you're in the open area and need more spray then concentration, increase the DPI.

The mouse is full of all kinds of interesting little features. I'm glad it was purchased. Maybe it's worth the $52 after all. :)

I have a razorhead copper mouse.

It glows and is very cool.

Programmable and very precise.

I have the Mx518. Its nice because you can up and down grade the DPI settings. Great for CSS. For sniping and using the Colt pay n spray, then like deagle's etc..

Back
Top Bottom