Just Installed Vista

I only have 56 k and that is why I don't have Vista beta on my computer. (for any of you who were wondering)

Paradox said:
.....Anyone else been using it? What does everyone have to say pro/con wise? ....

Once UAP and Welcome Centre are disabled it is not too bad, the nVidia driver (88.61) works fine, my XP sound driver works fine but the OS itself is rather slow to my mind. Windows Mail seems to have trouble sending mail for some reason, IE seems OK, tabbed browsing works, Anti virus for Vista is a bit of a nuisance though, AVG won't run on it for me (software compatability pop up) even using the fix from Grisoft forums still no go, the PC-cillin beta scans but doesn't support manual definition update when I tried last. I also have Office 2007 beta2, Visio 2007 beta2, and Windows Live Messenger installed and they all seem to be getting on OK :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention java when installed stops forum options like search / quick links from popping down too.

This is the best new "game" I've had since CoD2 came out :D

@crabby & jervin ..... just order the DVD's you get both versions (x86 and x64) for 10 pc's for the cost of shipping, around $US9.00 so I believe.

@paradox. i didnt have the aero theme turned on by default. i just changed the theme and it has a glassy type effect now. for your partition problem, just use partition magic. works for me :)

Vista is fun. :) I put it on my computer, tried to get it working with my motherboard (it didn't want to co-operate), so I scraped it. :)
Now, I have a legit Vista keycode that I'm giving out to my friends to test. :D

Back
Top Bottom