HELP! hardwire problems

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
okay, The reason I got a PC in the first place is for online gaming. after a while of crappy wireless I got it hardwired - it connected to my wireless router and wired to my room. anyways i can get on the internet but when i go into a game server (anything, counter strike, BF2...) it says I have a problem with my conection but my server lists load and everything, in counter strike, it gets to the parsing game screen and won't load anymore (Steam ver. 6.1) my internet is fine and all but the games it just won't work.

i need some help please.

Stonyman65 said:
okay, The reason I got a PC in the first place is for online gaming. after a while of crappy wireless I got it hardwired - it connected to my wireless router and wired to my room. anyways i can get on the internet but when i go into a game server (anything, counter strike, BF2...) it says I have a problem with my conection but my server lists load and everything, in counter strike, it gets to the parsing game screen and won't load anymore (Steam ver. 6.1) my internet is fine and all but the games it just won't work.

i need some help please.

it's not your internet it's your firewall shut down your firewall and try it on windows firewall see if that works

shut down your firewall completely see if that works but one Q: do you have a router with a firewall?

yeah a netgear one - shut down my firewall and opened the needed ports -nothing. i have no idea what to do.

Back
Top Bottom