What do you think of my build?

It's a good build apart from the graphics card, which will struggle to run any games released after about 2000 ;)

If your on a really tight budget, grab a 6600GT ;) If you can spend more, get a 7600GT ;)

prosser13 said:
It's a good build apart from the graphics card, which will struggle to run any games released after about 2000 ;)

If your on a really tight budget, grab a 6600GT ;) If you can spend more, get a 7600GT ;)

Agreed. If u are planning on playing games that card just isn't enough.

I would go Am2, instead of Skt 939, and I would go with the 7600GT. If you plan on gaming, and your on a budget, the 7600GT would be more important then the video card.

Although, if you plan on going Am2 after this post, you will also need a processor and a ram change.

tell me what u guys think (or what u would change) ive got the case and processor so far

No point going AM2 at the moment - he obviously hasn't got a massive budget, and so he will get more for his money with Socket 939

im planning on using it for video editing, i never game, so i wasnt worried too much about the video card (it should be fine for video editing and regular computer usage?)

but also, do u think for what i want to do, i shouldve purchased a dual core instead of the one i got?

i basically just like running itunes internet aim all at the same time...itunes and sony vegas while editing. will the processor and memory handle?

yeah, it'll be good for video editing, you've got plenty of RAM, keep that. however, a dual core processor would be a lot more suitable for video editing. a lot. it helps tremendously. if you want to look into dual core, may i suggest the AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800, it's a real bang for your buck.

The video card should be OKAY for video editing, but not as well for gaming.

joepic said:
however, a dual core processor would be a lot more suitable for video editingQUOTE]

thats what i was thinking, but the thing is, i already bought the athlon64 3700 single core

you should've waited until the end of this month.. but since you already have it.. oh well it's still a good core for a good price atm. yeah for what you're doing, that looks like a fine setup.

i would get a different hdd.. but that's just me.

It looks alright to me, though yeah, either dual core, or a Pentium 4 system would probably have been better for video editing/rendering.

The video card though will be fine for video editing, as you only really need powerful cards for games these days, and it should be powerful enough for most of the internal effects your bound to want to run.

I have a AMD 64 3500+ and its still good enough for video editing/3D Studio Max rendering. But just not as good as a dual core would have been doing the same thing, if you get what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom