Need help choosing between AMD and Intel

Seanw725

Beta member
Hey, I am looking to buy a new computer and I need help choosing between an Intel or AMD processors. I really am looking at which one is faster and which one is good for gaming. I know thats a very general question but any help would be awesome. Thank you,

If you've got the money, Pentium M is definitely the best for gaming.

Others, grab an AMD AM2 or Socket 939.

Also, the Core 2 Duo chips being released at the end of this month will be great for gaming.

get amd w/ at least 1mb of L2 Cache...dual cores are more for multitasking while fast single cores are good for gaming (not always, just my rule of thumb)

Seanw725 said:
Hey, I am looking to buy a new computer and I need help choosing between an Intel or AMD processors. I really am looking at which one is faster and which one is good for gaming. I know thats a very general question but any help would be awesome. Thank you,
what do you do more? Mutitasking, or just gaming?

Intel = More Mutitasking, meaning it wont give its 100% of each program. It shares that 100% for each program.

AMD = Less Mutitasking, meaning it will 100% on one thing taking the most of the cpu. This means that it wont share that much..

Im not going to write the hard to understand terms.. But wat I made right there is easyer than Pie.. Intel always seams to overclock way better than amd.. But amd overclocks really good.. ;)

Seanw725 said:

Well, I would suggest you upgrade to a dual core processor. You should choose AMD right now because AMD dual core doesn't have to travel on an external, slower FSB like Intel does. AMD dual core CPUs IS proven to be the superior choice for a fast PC experience as benchmarks have continuously shown. However, the newer Intel Core Duo 2 coming out later shows a significant performance increase and proves very promising. If you build now, get AMD. Otherwise Intel has some good stuff coming out later....CPUs are so cheap right now. Dual cores are nearly half the cost now (even lower through some vendors) compared to what they were when first released in 05.

Back
Top Bottom