AMD Cool & Quiet shock!

gaming_freak said:
hmm i might try it when i can be bothered but most of the time i play cs on my comp so i doubt it would slow down at all, alvino ive been meaning to ask u, how on earth did u get a coreduo already and how does it perform???

Argh, it's just my planned signature. I didn't get on yet. :p

Jsy, it would automatically set itself back to normal when playing games.

People - if anyone wants to see Core Duo 2 in action visist the Overclocking and Modding board at www.cpcff.co.uk/phpBB2.

A couple of guys have got Engeneering Sample, and one has got it over 400mhz FSB!

hey, I did what you said, but I had to uninstall my old drivers and reinstall the new ones well here is my problem my vga controller isn't working meaning its like when i move a window its all laggy like I don't have my video drivers installed. Well re-installed my mobo drivers. My video card didn't come w/ software so i just installed directx 9c again and that usually solves my problem, but it didn't. It won't update in device manager. Tried Nvidia's website and still won't work unless i'm getting the wrong drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Any ideas? Last thing I want to do is a wipe and reload.

Those drivers should work, because you'll find thats the reason the windows are lagging, because the drivers aren't installed.

By any chance have you got onboard video?... and is it switched off in BIOS? (stupid question really considering your monitor will be plugged into your Nivdia card...)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html

That one should work...

Exactly what I was thinking. Since it only lowers the multiplier, what's the difference? It wouldn't affect any kind of divider because the FSB is constant, or are you saying that the voltage would drop too low to maintain a stable environment?

I'm thinking its not because if you wanted to overclock your system, you'd want it running at its highest all the time for the best performance, and Cool & Quiet stops this.

My thinking though, is you could overclock, and get the performance boost when you really need it.

Kage said:
My thinking though, is you could overclock, and get the performance boost when you really need it.

exactly, playing games is pretty much the only reason I overclock, so of course you would be seeing maximum performance then.

Back
Top Bottom