Development Lounge?

Well, I really would like this section to work out...So I just took a couple of minutes, and made this real fast...Just to give an idea, what we should have..But this can be changed, just what I was thinking we should have...

Anyhow here it is, its nothing final, but just my opinion on what type of sections there should be..

untitled14lu.jpg

Sorry for the quick pic, but this is what I was thinking the section would be..

As for the name, I was thinking that or like..

Production Division
Production Parcel
Production's Area

And Productions vs. Production.

I dont know, just blowin smoke, ha

Yeah, that looks good ArrizX... one forum would probably be enough for that otherwise it probably would look too empty.

yes, arrixz the mod for the people...

well I'll pretty much copy my response from the staff lounge where this is being discussed into here, nedless to say I'm about as warm to the idea of a handfull of new forums as a frozen turkey (if you didn't already get that, but I'll explin further with the post)...

in respnse to a forum for all this stuff...

As I said before I do agree that a media section wuold be nice, but I think there is way too much preassure on this, an I don't think that G9 has his ideas all in check, he has after all been talknig about the intorduction of a forum for helping bvuilding websites, (do I assume that he'snever scrolled down further than social/general hardware software/suggestions? cause there is already a dedicated web programming place, and already a dedicated computer programming place, and yes all sorts of question get asked in them including stuff about flash and action script, since flash is a web language his sugestion for this is a litttle strange, don't get me wrong, as I said a media section might be nice, but I'm always a little critical of suggestions for improvement that specifically ask for something that we already have!

at the request for a place to show off photoshop works (which IMHO is distinctly different from a section about asking photoshop question -in fact it's comparable to web programming and web advertsing! -i.e completly different!),

As I said in the other place,[i.e this therad] there is already a gallery thread, and some people have already taken it upon themelves to show their photoshopped wares in there, again another suggestion asking for something that we alerady have?

in response to the request for a place for news

computer news sits happily (IMHO) in the social lounge since it's something that we talk about socially (for example the recent discussions on net neutrality)!

and my general feelings about this...

No offence, and like I said I thought some of the ideas raised were good ones, but it seems like this isn't really a post asking for new features, it's a post asking daid to bend over backwards and reorganise the existing forums into a way that beter suits you(arizx), (or dev or G9).

-is it any wonder that not all sugestions get implemented? I mean david makes a section at members requests and then another member comes forward with more ideas about radically changing the forums, except the suggestion in't to add anything new, just group some stuff together into a confusing mecca forum, not all forums have to move as fast as the general hardware/software help forum to be deemed useful!

practically all of the forums listed, (with the exception of a space to ask for graphics help/video help/music help) already have forums dedicated to them, so in essance rather than the handfull of new forums, all we'd really like to see is one, (and perhaps the gallery subtext should be changed to be more openly inclusive of all members work, whether that be case mods, pictures, sound files or video productions.

and to further that (so this isn't written in the staff lounge).
as I said above, it's be realy hlpfull if the ideas were presented with more thought, I mean I really like the idea of a general media help section (that is inclusive of all media programs be they grahics (i,e photo shop) or music, or video, I mean we have quite a few musically minded people here, (probably just as many as there are grahpically minded. asking for specific forums isn't getting anywhere whilst there is no eral unified voice. (which as much as you may think that I'm pissing on the flames of your fire, I'm actually trying to make some eral sense of these suggestions).

asking for forums that we already have, (to me at least -I don't know abuot david) pretty much de-bases any argument there was for something as it just shows that perhaps you'd do better of either exploring a bit more, or askign for a site map, even creating a thread in the social lounge saying where is best to post my questions on flash/photoshop, or where is best to post my artwork!).
certanily not, as this thread has done, ask specifically for a section where we can ask questions on programming like web programming or computer programming when there are already sections that cover this.

In case you don't understand what I am saying...
go to here www.hardforums.com, there are 31 main forum sections, and it just looks messy (IMO). There are 20 forums listed under the headnig general, on this forum we include all 20 and more under the foums general! and it looks a lot cleaner here

Web Programming and Web Design should be combined... why Web Design is a part of reviews/advertisements, I don't know.

Web Development could become a large bottle containing anything that has slightly to do with web development, like graphics, etc...

Or there could be a general develompent section dedicated to all things developing.

Root, I agree.

Thats, true, so then I guess we are essentially only asking for a photoshop forum.

I however would like to impliment news and just random stuff. I dont know, im just thinking out loud I guess.. Lol

Back
Top Bottom