amd or intel

AMD has been notably better at games because AMD processors pwn floating point math, which is what games use. When conroe comes out, it will be better than the fx-62, but once AMD releases a counter part to conroe, I'm betting it will be better for games.

lets see about that :rolleyes: AMD's K8L isnt even out, while Intel has ES's on Kentsfield already. And boy oh boy, its a beast. It almost doubles the cpu score on an overclocked FX-62, it leads an overclocked X6800 by 1000 pionts, when the X6800 is @ 4.7Ghz.

gh0st09 said:
AMD has been notably better at games because AMD processors pwn floating point math, which is what games use. When conroe comes out, it will be better than the fx-62, but once AMD releases a counter part to conroe, I'm betting it will be better for games.

As of now, AMD is better at games. Just wait for Core 2 Duo. :D

I'm kinda iffy on AMD's Brisbane core...they've been a little sluggish lately.

I don't know, I'm hoping AMD will beat intel to the 5ghz mark like it beat intel to the 1ghz mark. but im weary, AMD is ahead for now, but im thinking intel is going to get the limelight for a while after conroe comes out

Intel has beat AMD to the 7Ghz mark :D AND THE 6GHZ AND 5GHZ mark. AMD nor Intel will release chips that will run at 5Ghz stock. There are already 5Ghz Core 2 Duos.

i dont study intel in depth, but i'll take your word for it. I've always been a fan of the underdogs (ati and amd)

Back
Top Bottom