7950GX overclocking?

gh0st09

Baseband Member
I recently bought an BFG Tech 7950GX and noticed that its clock speeds are higher than rated on the box. It ran fine, so I decided to OC it some more to 625/1340 is the most I could push it while getting a stable picture. I have a DangerDen 7950 waterblock and it idles around 35-40. And for $600 I thought I'd atleast get it to 700/1400. :( . Anyone else try this card?

7950? sheesh man.. thats some real power there. You'd get better results trying to overclock your CPU rather than your graphics card..

gh0st09 said:
I recently bought an BFG Tech 7950GX and noticed that its clock speeds are higher than rated on the box. It ran fine, so I decided to OC it some more to 625/1340 is the most I could push it while getting a stable picture. I have a DangerDen 7950 waterblock and it idles around 35-40. And for $600 I thought I'd atleast get it to 700/1400. :( . Anyone else try this card?
well, no . If i had some money yes i would try it. Make sure you test your video card. If I where you, use 3dmark06 for that card and do a test for about 4 hours.. Yes 4.. While watching that. Watch for any artifacts.. if there is, than download clock it alittle more.. Its a pain in the but, But!. After your done you can have a free non artifact card

P.S. Please post some screen shots of your score on 3dmark06? 05, that would be so sweet! ;)

Are you sure you have that card? Because in your sig it says differently. Maybe just not updated?

gaming_freak said:
why would u buy that card when directx 10 is coming out soon?

Because once DirectX 10 comes out, it can be buggy. Remember when DirectX 9 came out? Performance was so sluggish that just staying with DirectX 8 offered better performance.

gh0st09 said:
I recently bought an BFG Tech 7950GX and noticed that its clock speeds are higher than rated on the box. It ran fine, so I decided to OC it some more to 625/1340 is the most I could push it while getting a stable picture. I have a DangerDen 7950 waterblock and it idles around 35-40. And for $600 I thought I'd atleast get it to 700/1400. Anyone else try this card?

Danger Den doesn't have any waterblocks that are compatible with the 7950 GX2. At least their website doesn't show it. How are they going to fit one between the two PCB's anyways? There isn't enough space even for a low-profile Danger Den MAZE 4 GPU block. Koolance blocks might be thin enough, but they're decent. That's why I don't like the GX2. It's expensive, cooling isn't that great, and unless you're running dual monitors or a single 30" or larger widescreen LCD monitor, it's useless really. You might as well save money and get a cheaper card. Either way, nice card. :)

i was wondering that to, can u get a pic or somethin? maybe u have it confused with the 7900gtx, even though directx10 will be buggy i still think its a very bad time to go out and spend that much money on a vid card, i would return it if i were u because once the directx10 cards come out they will be backwards compatible so even if directx10 is super buggy u can use directx9 until they fix it and u will have a future proof card

Pics would be nice, but the 7950x does have major heating issues so be careful when you OCing it. Directx 10 is coming out with Vista.

Well, it's not really specifically for a 7950 but its their Koosah SLi block for a 7800/7900, they work for a 7950. But they wouldn't fit so I took bigger spacers to put between the two pcbs. And it's not part of my rig, i just buy parts to test them, and if I like them, I keep them and add them to my rig. I'm not keeping it because its not as good as my 7900gtx and i'd like my 600 bucks back. If it had given me better frame rates I would have kept it. And I dont have a camera.

Back
Top Bottom