Wow.

I always wear a seat belt as well. I don't drive 5 feet without putting it on. Even to move the car, I always click it out of habit. But to me it's a good habit. I just hope I never get in a situation where I would be better off not wearing it.

Dev0115 said:
Its not illegal to not wear a seat belt, in the back seat..
Correct, but in England there are moves afoot to make it so, here, taxi drivers needn't wear them, but passengers must, which to me is ridiculous, what if the driver was involved in an RTA, & was injured, & knocked unconcious through not wearing a seatbelt, the taxi could go out of control on a motorway say, cross the central reservation & kill everybody on board,

Brookfield said:
Correct, but in England there are moves afoot to make it so, here, taxi drivers needn't wear them, but passengers must, which to me is ridiculous, what if the driver was involved in an RTA, & was injured, & knocked unconcious through not wearing a seatbelt, the taxi could go out of control on a motorway say, cross the central reservation & kill everybody on board,

I agree with you that is stupid. Because if you get hit in the frontend of the taxi, you might be safe, but I would feel for the taxi driver getting mauled by the airbag. To me if someone was allowed not to wear a seatbelt, it should be the passenger, because they have the seat in front of them to cushion their blow. But that's just me.

what happened to the dude that crashed into you?

She was a total B**ch, it was her fault, and when she got out of the car, she didn't even ask if everyone was alright. And then she got on the phone calling someone, to pick her up or something, and she was talking in Spanish but she didn't know two of us could speak Spanish, and she was bashing us, calling us brats, little shits etc...

Luckily the cop was cool.

Glad to see your OK, not alot of people would survive that.

And, I am sorry to hear your tragic loss ~mr mixx~, how long ago was that?

mark thorpe said:
is over here.......

i will always wear a seatbelt. i never drive anywhere without one on.
Same here, it's an automatic reflex now, my car, an Audi A4, wasn't cheap, but what I'd like to have, as standard is that the car couldn't be started unless you were wearing your seat belt, mine tells me a lot of things like, a door or the hatch isn't closed securely, the outside temperature, with a gong if it's 2c, the 8 airbags are online, etc, etc, but not the seatbelt thing!

Nik00117 said:
In a few rare cases not wearing one can save your life. But 95% of the time it saves you, I suggest wearing it even though I normally don't.

Friend was in a car crash where his car caught on fire, paramedics said if he would had his seatbelt on, he'd of burned to death.

Good to see that you are ok still.
Not really the seatbelt prevents you from not fainting during the hit.

I've had several accidents in 30 years of motoring, someone slammed into the side, causing major damage, another time, a driver sideswiped me, practically tearing both nearside doors off, then there's several rear-end shunts, all needing repairs, yes my years of motoring have been very eventful, but luckily I came through unscathed, not even whiplash, but the side impact left me shaking, the first thing I looked round & saw was the guy staring at me in shock, his car still buried in mine, which was in a ditch, oh, & there was a time where one side of my front suspension collapsed, & I screeched to a standstill, having dug a deep furrow in the tarmac, now that shook me up, as I had to fight to keep the car in line, & not plow into oncoming traffic.

Back
Top Bottom