Changing Light Switch/Outlet Colors

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Im changing the colors of my room and want to change the color of my light switches and outlets. So the plates come off easily enough and i can obviously go buy new white colored plates.

But the switch itself and the outlet itself I cannot figure out how to replace...

Any suggestions (that are safe)?

Thanks!

Well first turn off the power, via circuit breaker..Well in my house, once you take off the plate, all you see is a hollow space with a big white peice that is holding the swtich and what not...And on top there are screws, one on top, and one on the bottom..Take them out, and then pull, just pull the wire out, and go get a new swith box thing, only about $5usd..

Thank you very much! So I assume its basically the same thing for power outlet and for light switch?

07mackenzie said:
Thank you very much! So I assume its basically the same thing for power outlet and for light switch?

Yeah its basicaly the same thing, good luck, and make sure you turn the power off...Circuit breaker is god..

You could paint them, but if you do replace them, make sure to turn off the power at the breaker. 120V (at least in America) is enough to make a hound dog smile!

Okay, I got it done :D Looks great. I know this is a really old sense but I figured it would make sense to ask my other related question here.

So I have switched all of the outlets and light switches, but unfortunately now the light switch does not have an effect on the outlets (eg. both the top and the bottom outlet work, regardless of the switch being on or off).

It used to turn the upper outlets on/off

Any ideas on what I might have done?

Back
Top Bottom