AMD Cool & Quiet shock!

All of them do, alvino - from the Socket 939 onwards, or is it Socket 754?

Kage - add me to MSN, and maybe we could do a guide to getting the most from your PC together?

I've had mine off for so long, and even when it was on, it never did anything I found.

Thats until I found the above links though, which installs the processor settings properly in Windows to allow for this to occur, and to set the Power to Minimal Power Management to allow the voltages to drop, etc.

And there you go :D

I can still overclock my system though, and when running 3DSmax and games, it uses the overclocked settings, but I have a cooler/quieter system when I usually want it.

prosser13 said:

Kage - add me to MSN, and maybe we could do a guide to getting the most from your PC together?
I used to have a socket 754 3200+ that had cool & quiet so it must have started at skt 754.

I would use it but my processor is constantly at 100% load(Folding@home) so there isn't much point in me using it.

prosser13 said:

ALL Athlon 64 processors have Cool & Quiet. From Socket 754 to Socket 939 to Socket AM2. :)

I would use Folding@Home. I've tried it before, but it actually slowed my PC down, and my temps were way below core drop down.

That was when I had Cool & Quiet off by the way :p I only got that working yesterday.

wow, i've never known about this, i'll have to do that once i get ahold of my 3800X2 desktop again, i'm using a laptop right now. inspiron 1300

Kewl :)

Might be worth trying when you have a chance, yeah.
You can't go wrong trying! :D

prosser13 said:
I wouldn't use capital ALL - someone may think your referring to an AMD 760 or something ;)

Note that I said, "ALL Athlon 64 processors".

Back
Top Bottom