Blu ray

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know whats the latest on blu ray? I heard that they will have 50Gb discs

that is alot of money. i would rather buy a dual dvd writer and burnt he extra 5-6 discs or an external hardrive. i believe the PS3 has a blu ray drive on it so that should hopefully shift things along and bring down the prices.

yeh the ps3 is blu ray, but the ps3 is about £550, but yeh the price will slowly go down i guess

I am not paying 1000 dollars for undeeded hardware. But like all new technologies, it will decrease in price.

Yeah, if it suceeds, watch it drop in the next few years to DVD player prices.

Theres news of 100gb discs. I think I heard about that here.

Too expensive for me. The capacity isn't even practical for normal HD movies or games. It's definately handy for backups, but the size is too big.

Yeah. Theres been a thead on this before. We concluded that Blu Ray would be more useful for backing up when prices drop, than it would be for HD movies.

Though, they could then bring out lower capacity Blu-Ray discs for movies, which would decrease prices even more, once they get a flow going.

What I would like to see is a unified format. Combine HD-DVD's cheap manufacturing price coupled with Blu-Ray's use of disc space. Wouldn't that be exciting? Too bad Panasonic likes being stupid. Even Toshiba is willing to come to negotiations. -___-;;

EDIT>>> Can anyone see this? Firefox did something stupid. :p

Back
Top Bottom