HELP :S deleting onboard graphics

YORCC

Solid State Member
hey,
if anyone can help me il it would be apprciated!

i have just build a moderatly decent computer. bought a cheep GeForce graphics card and installed it and then downloaded the updates for it.

games done run well they are "jittery" and just dont run smothly in general!

i checked on NVIDIA website and they said to delete any graphics that were on my motherboard. (845G chipset graphics drivers).

i found them on my "add/remove programs" and tried to delete them. but it gives me an error message saying "unInstaller failed to initialize"

so how do i delete the 845G chipset graphics drivers? :confused:
so i can get my GeForce to work smoothly and not make games jittery.

any help will be great as i am all out of ideas and options.
thanks richard

Just check Device Manager to see if those chipset drivers are listed under Display Adapters. If they are, remove them. Then reboot into your BIOS and disable onboard video to prevent plug and play messages.

they aint under dispaly adaptors should i just try bios anyway and see if there are there?

Try to find where the Drivers are located on the machine (probably in C:/Program Files) and then manually use the uninstaller (if present). If not, do as jervin32189 said. In your BIOS, disable onboard graphics or set the graphics to your vid card. Sometimes there is a physical jumper on the mobo to disable the graphics.

i have looked in c:/programs and cant see anything related. i have also loaded up BIOS and browsed it. as i am new to all this computer building and fixing i dont knwo where to look in bios. i cant see a menu or a related task to turn onboard graphics on/off. but i did see chipset. and then a emable/disable option. (i am waaayyyy to new at this)
i feel like such a tool aswell lol
rich

Before installing my ati vid card, I just disabled the mobo's onboard video using device manager. Later I realized that the booklet said to uninstall previous video drivers before installing the device but when you disable the drivers through device manager it is practically the same thing, so you don't have to delete the old drivers.

yeah mine says the same thing. only i cant find the drivers in the device manager and i it wont let me delete the chipset 845G on the add/remove programs. so in actuall fice i am screwed coz i cant find them anywhere and in the add/remove programs it wont let me delete the GRRRR!!
and in bios as i am new to it i am totaly confused HELP!!!

The BIOS isn't that extensive... Just go through every menu and look for something called "Disable Onboard Video". It will take all of 10 minutes to find, I'm sure.

yup it really is that simple, just start up the comp holding delete to get into the bios then look for "onboard video" and just set it to disabled, what are your comp specs? and what graphics card did u buy?

Back
Top Bottom