My baby BEAST!

Depends on the motherboard. Some have the DIMM slots in two of the same color and two of another color. My ASRock motherboard is like that. For dual-channel, you have to put both next to each other for it to run dual-channel. Most motherboards do the alternating colors. So one black, one orange, one black, one orange etc. So putting two RAM sticks on the two orange or the two black enables dual-channel. :) Simple as that.

alvino said:
Oh, yeah? The rig I've been planning for months, will blow yours out of the water! :p It's in my sig, by the way.

EDIT>>> I might remind you, using all four of your DIMM slots isn't a good idea. It's better to have two sticks of 1GB RAM for 2GB total instead of four sticks of 512MB. Having too much RAM isn't good for the integrated memory controller.

Well congrats on planning you did choose a nice setup . Four 512 sticks is better you know why? BC their both DUEL CHANNEL running at ddr400. Why would I want 2gig sticks? I don't need anything bigger than that because no one in the world uses more than 2gigs unless your using animation. Plus 2gig sicks problem with that is I'm only getting one duel channel, instead of two which I'm running which is better proformance overall. Also it being too much for the memory controller? yeah right its suppose to be handling that much.

Your running ddr800 which is nice, but if you don't have good times my ddr400 can really compete with yours. Your video card is running like mine except you have 512 and I have 256, which doesn't really matter. Your only running 320gig in that nice rig? Run 1.2Tbytes like :). Nice proc too. I'll admit I'll bow down to the proc, but let me go buy a nice cpu fan and psu today and I'll go OC mine to a 2.4 and run it in 3dmark 05 or 06 and see what goes down. I really want to see that. :)

Now that I think about it your one of the few people that either beat or rival my computer on the forums.

Umm, I said to use two sticks of 1GB to get 2GB. It doesn't matter if all four sticks run dual-channel, because performance won't boost that much. And yes, it will strain the integrated memory controller.

Umm, I'm using DDR2-800. It's different compared to DDR.
The X1900 XT owns the 7900 GT, heck, even the X1900 GT owns the 7900 GT in some benchmarks. The only other cards that beat the X1900 XT is the X1900 XTX, 7950 GX2 and 7900 GTX.
I only need 320GB. Why would you need 1.2TB? Are you going to even use all of that space? It's more of a waste of money if you ask me. Also, my 7200.10 will run FAST. Why? It uses PRT (Perpendicular Recording Technology). What that means is that I can have high capacity while retaining small disk platter sizes, which then means faster seek times.
Hah, overclocking your X2 3800+ to 2.4Ghz won't do anything. First of all, the E6600 uses the Conroe core. It can even beat a FX-60 at stock speeds. To make things better, I can even overclock it up to 4.0Ghz on AIR. Try doing that. ;)

OUCH thats a major burn w/ a twist of a slap in the face! Ram I still disagree on. I'm running the 7900gt OC in the other words to everyone else 7900gtx. The OCing yeah it didn't do anything. I just got done doing 3dmark05 and barely boosted up my points. Yes, I do use all of my hdd space. I like to have files for myself and for other people instead of asking for them. Plus I'm in Digital Arts for my major, so the space does come in handy. But whats your cpu temp? If you OC it whats the clock speed on that and temp. Thats pretty intresting. My 3dmark05 score was 8570. Whats yours? If you need the program IM me at on aim at Jisamaniac

Ahh, well see? You use the space. I'm still a sophomore (going to be a junior) in high school. :p I don't need that much space, but you do. So it depends on our needs. :)

EDIT>>> Just because your 7900 GT is overclocked, doesn't mean it's equivalent to the 7900 GTX. Also, because of ATI's choices, I could easily overclock the X1900 XT I'm getting and have it go past XTX speeds. :D Why? Because the XT and XTX are pretty much identical other than clock speed, so a simple overclock can easily get you the performance of a XTX.

alvino said:
Depends on the motherboard. Some have the DIMM slots in two of the same color and two of another color. My ASRock motherboard is like that. For dual-channel, you have to put both next to each other for it to run dual-channel. Most motherboards do the alternating colors. So one black, one orange, one black, one orange etc. So putting two RAM sticks on the two orange or the two black enables dual-channel. :) Simple as that.

True, MSI, ASRock, and ABIT all do that, gigabyte is one of the manufacters out of the around 20 that dont do that, there is about 3, but i was wondering why it wasnt running that fast. Im used to the alternating dual channel colors

alvino - Perp storage has been released already, or is it going to be released soon? I can't wait, it's going to be the best thing since SATA was evented :D

If you wanna see how Conroe is clocking, two people over on CPCFF have got their hands on ES samples, along with a pre-release Asus motherboard ;) Link: http://www.cpcff.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8285

I also hope your going to be overclocking that card alvino - you can flash the BIOS to the X1900XTX version, as long as the card can cope with the clocks :D

EDIT: Jay - it's just a plan ;)

MarxSoccer said:
Wait, Alvino, since when do you have the E6600 :confused:

I don't have one YET. I'm going to get one when it launches. :D If you really want one, XtremeSystems.org sells the Engineering Sample ones for about $500-ish. Not worth it if you ask me, because MSRP is $316-ish.

Jsy said:
Hey bro how did you get a conroe core its not even out yet.

Haha, don't worry. Judging from the benchmarks and tests I've seen done on the Core 2 Duo ES's (Engineering Samples) already own anything AMD has out currently. Oh, and sorry I didn't tell you, the rig in my signature is just my "future rig", so it's not built yet. It should be done by the end of this month or the beginning of August.

prosser13 said:
alvino - Perp storage has been released already, or is it going to be released soon? I can't wait, it's going to be the best thing since SATA was evented

Perpendicular Recording Techology is out. :D Seagate is among the first to have PRT in their hard drives. The 7200.10 I'm getting has it. It has 320GB and costs only $99.99 at the Egg.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD

Back
Top Bottom