Laptop Recommendations: Dell XPS

Dell market their laptops as good quality though, and as they are a large company with a world wide brand people are still going to buy from them.

Yeah, but there are some of those laptop build kits you can get so you can add your own processor, RAM, and such. But that's too labor intensive...

if ur gonna spend 3.7k on a laptop, might as well go for alienware. i kno u might have to degrade something to keep the budget but alienware has a good reputation and it looks awesome. i had friends that bought dell laptops and it cant even close properly.

Wait till august for the Core 2 Duo AKA Conroe AKA Merom cpus come out for laptops, they will be BLAZING fast compared to anything on the market, and if you're spending $3500 on laptop you should have no problem affording a top merom cpu in your notebook.

dx10 is great and all, but its for the people who can wait. if you really need a laptop soon just wait untill august (i hope you can wait that long), you wont regret it.

too bad dell doesnt offer hd-dvd or blu-ray in their notebooks.

prosser13 said:
It's planned for September or so, but it's already been delaying and could be delayed further.

Nope, it's slated for a January 2007 release. No official date, however, has been released by Microsoft.

abowlofrice said:
if ur gonna spend 3.7k on a laptop, might as well go for alienware. i kno u might have to degrade something to keep the budget but alienware has a good reputation and it looks awesome. i had friends that bought dell laptops and it cant even close properly.

Dell laptops aren't bad. I know plenty of people who have Dell laptops and they work wonderfully.

Zaki said:
Wait till august for the Core 2 Duo AKA Conroe AKA Merom cpus come out for laptops, they will be BLAZING fast compared to anything on the market, and if you're spending $3500 on laptop you should have no problem affording a top merom cpu in your notebook.

dx10 is great and all, but its for the people who can wait. if you really need a laptop soon just wait untill august (i hope you can wait that long), you wont regret it.

too bad dell doesnt offer hd-dvd or blu-ray in their notebooks.
arent they already out for laptops??? ive seen them everywhere....or are they bringing a new one out?

Back
Top Bottom