In your view...is it alright to steal software?

I don't think it's right, but I will d/l an occasional song from time to time that I heard on the radio and liked, for most of those songs I will someday buy the whole CD.

i hope im ok. i download the odd song and program but ive downloaded like 5 psp games over the past week lol. i plan to stop for like 2 weeks because of my holiday lol. ive turned off my uploads on limewire (i think i did it right) and turned it to the lowest i could on bittorrent(i think) so i should be ok. i download mainly because of the convenience and because of the expensive high street prices.

Using lime wire is a idiotic.

i think the only reason why people download software and crack it is because it normally costs way to much, i mean Macromedia software can be about £1000, but would you pay that or download it for free?

Esp on those software types that cost thousands of dollars for one key, they need to lower the cost on those.

I agree with all of you here, I mean I have downloaded stuff from an album in the past to see what it's like, if I havn't liked it I've deleted it (cause I havn't liked it). if I have liked it I've gone and bought the CD, cause then I can have it encoded how I like it (high bit rate sample etc).

I also agree that software costs far too much, and i is sad to see that there is possibly more development going into software protection now that there is actually going into the actual project! but in all fairness if you don't like paying for software then don't, use freely distributed software like linux/gimp/nvu etc rather than pirated xp/photoshop/dreamweaver!
personally, (as much as I think that linux is a pretty weak OS that needs hundreds more hours of development), I'd much rather use linux and freely distributed GPL software than I would pay top dollar for windows compatible software...

so far as thinking that you are alright because you stop for a couple of weeks,
seriously, you're admitting to a crime here, do you think that if a company gets a judge to give a warrant for the seizure of data from this site that it won't be given, either by david, or by the people who house the servers? (I'm not sure who they are at present, but you can bet your ass that they won't give two hoots about your privicy if they get a summons for information!).

why is limewire idiotic?

Limewire is somthing that can easly be targeted by ploice. BTs aren't. My dad uses limeiwre, he also reformats every 6 months because his PC crashes because he doesn't know wtf he is doing.

trance-n-e said:
Do you think its alright to illegaly get software for which you would otherwise have to pay for? (i.e. download off torrent sites, etc) What about movies? Music? I just wana hear all of your opinions, because lately this has been bugging me, as in I just reformatted by PC a few days ago to start fresh, legally.

Well, I've paid for nothing on my PC (except for the hardware and computer itself, that is).

So, yes, it is okay to steal software in my view.

The companies make enough money as it is.

i dont use limewire that much though. only for the odd song as bit torrent sucks for music. and i know what im doing and i also format regularly

I see a lot of people here saying that they know what they are doing!

it's practically impossible to know if someone is spying on your traffic, traffic analysers are common place, an each packet can go through any number of places before it reaches you...
if you rtuely knew what you were doing then you'd stop formatting because you'd realise that it doesn't do anything except take up yout time! why format every six months! just download a decent virus scanner and make sure you scan the stuff you are downloading, if you've been monitored and found to be downloading stuff, wipping it at the last minute isn't going to help anyone!

Well, if you HONESTLY Cant afford the software, i think its Okay. If you Can, then you should purchase it.

root said:
I see a lot of people here saying that they know what they are doing!

it's practically impossible to know if someone is spying on your traffic, traffic analysers are common place, an each packet can go through any number of places before it reaches you...
if you rtuely knew what you were doing then you'd stop formatting because you'd realise that it doesn't do anything except take up yout time! why format every six months! just download a decent virus scanner and make sure you scan the stuff you are downloading, if you've been monitored and found to be downloading stuff, wipping it at the last minute isn't going to help anyone!

I mean i am careful when downloading. i download what look like genuine files, i have a good virus scanner. i format so that i backup my important stuff which usually means i delete a lot of downloaded crap and put some on my memory stick. i also format to clean out general crap and errors

Back
Top Bottom