London bombing, one year on.

Brookfield

Golden Master
Exactly one year ago today, 55 people were injured & maimed in London, one of the most tragic events of that day, was that people came up out of the underground, as all services were shut down, following the explosion, some of whom got on the bus that was blown up, killing 13 passengers, & severly injuring the rest, my cousins' son was on a bus, directly behind that bus, he is still having nightmares a year later.

On TV this morning they interviewed the driver of that bus, who got away, without a scratch, he said he heard a banng, then pieces of metal rained down on his cab, he looked at the interior mirror, & saw the carnage, getting out of his seat, he saw bodies & body parts all over the road, he says that every moment of every day, he sees it all again, he still drives buses, & every other day, his route takes him past the spot where it happened, what a guy.

There will be events throughout the the day, with a two minutes at midday, I ask Brits whereever they may be in the world to honour that moment, & stand in silence, as I certainly will.

I hope we can put away our differences in that other thread, but I would like to express my condolences and respect for those who had to experience that. Man, already one year...time passes on.

alvino said:
I hope we can put away our differences in that other thread, but I would like to express my condolences and respect for those who had to experience that. Man, already one year...time passes on.
Thank you, Alvin, our differences pale into insignificance alongside such horror, & humbles us all.

Wasnt as bad as the Twin Towers, but it came just as swift. Its scary to think its literally any time any where..

Well, I will be thinking about those people today, and how lucky my uncle was. He lives in London, and was very close to the bombings, but thankfully, did not get injured.

I completly forgot it was the 7th, shame to put a slight burden on today, as there will be memorials all through town. Not that I have a problem with that what-so-ever, however, shame it has to be on a birthday - meh, who am I kidding, those people that were killed, are more important than my birthday! lol

It's a shame what people have to cause. There was a man on the TV before, who lost both his legs. He was sat just feet away, from the guy that set off the bomb, he said

"I was literally just looking at him listening to my music, then I saw him reach into his bag, take a deep breath, and I woke up the next morning in hospital"

The man injured, lost both his legs, and about half the blood in his body, during surgery, his heart stopped, and he was named dead, however, his heart started as normal a few minutes later, and he is now settling down with children + the wife.

I am sure alot of people got off worse, and especially the people who died.

So yeah, I shall be thinking about it today.

Brookfield said:
There will be events throughout the the day, with a two minutes at midday, I ask Brits whereever they may be in the world to honour that moment, & stand in silence, as I certainly will.

I shall join you on that, im sure there will be somewhere in town, a memorial point sort of thing, but yes, I shall be taking part in the two minutes silence.

ArrizX said:
Wasnt as bad as the Twin Towers, but it came just as swift. Its scary to think its literally any time any where..
The Twin Towers tragedy was horrific, now some expert has calculated that, comparing the area volumes in London & New York, the number of deaths, 52 in London, when scaled up, area for area, come quite close to the Twin Towers deaths, now I can't dispute that, as the calculations are very complex, & are beyond me, personally, I can't quite believe that.

ArrizX said:
it's not a pissing contest you know!

anyway... yes, I will observe a silence today...
It's weird tho think that in the same was as I know exactly where I was on sept 11 2001 I'll also always know where I was then as well cause it's such a weird feeling when you are pretty safe (at work as it happens), yet somewhere in the world, people are dying in some pretty aweful ways.

I didnt mean it like that .. Man I dont even know how to explain that one. It does sound bad :(

I believe Arrix means that the death toll, and finanical and difficult burden was not like the Twin Towers was, he however understands that the London Bombings were a serious incident that he regrets that happened however does not seem them as tragic as the Twin Towers.

And how much smaller is londona nyways? I mean for the death toll to be equal % wise to NY it'd have to be like prob 20x smaller.

Frankly the London Bombings hit just about as close to home at the Twin Towers did. I remember waking up and logging onto Vent to find that one of my best friends dad was supposed to be in Kingston square where the bomb went off. He would of been there too, if he hadn't forgotten somthing WHICH IS EXTERMELY RARE.

Back
Top Bottom