In your view...is it alright to steal software?

... music is FAR too expensive. £14.99 for a CD they spent 40p max producing. utter crap... they make a stupid amount per CD.. and i have no sympathy for the bands who have their music downloaded. mabye if they priced it sensibly, there would be more people buying cd's...

games.. also the price comes in.. one game i was looking at was £50... that is a stupid amount of money, its almost like they are asking people to download.. its so easy to get hold off too.....

Well...have any of you or anyone you know got caught? Cause I heard Microsoft makes you pay 50 grand for each piece of illegal software on your computer, if you're caught.

I dont know anyone who ever got caught..Its like impossbible to get caught...

Really wow, I never even hear of people getting caught..I guess the people who do get caught, download 24/7...Or something that makes them different then the rest..I download a lot, but I still havent got caught...Dont plan to neither..

trance-n-e said:
Well...have any of you or anyone you know got caught? Cause I heard Microsoft makes you pay 50 grand for each piece of illegal software on your computer, if you're caught.
Today 02:39 AM

well some time ago EA sued like 3 people from downloading one of their games, they wanted like $30k from everyone, I don't know how this ended but I can bet that they didn't get that much.

And what u heard is wrong, Microsoft can't make u pay for every illegal software, only for their own products.

Dev0115 said:
I dont know anyone who ever got caught..Its like impossible to get caught...
Don't bet on it, see what others are saying here, be careful :( , better still, either stop, or d/load legally, lol.

I know someone who was caught...

bit of a messy situation. it was a guy with tons of piratted software, he broke up with his girlfriend in a bitter way so she shopped him...

a little time later he gets a knock on his door, it's the guys from FAST (Federation against software theft), they take all his pirated software, they take his computer to analyse what software is on it, and they take every computer in the house to analyse them as well... the part that really bites is that the guys dad was a self employed computer consultant so they basically took his business overnight.

those of you who download from torrents... don't think that they won't get you... courts are very sympathetic to allowing ISPs to hand over personal details.
http://www.fast.org.uk/viewnews.asp?article=3390

just to displel rumours about a £5000 fine:
if you pirate software it's an unlimited fine and up to two years in prison.

i hope im ok. i download the odd song and program but ive downloaded like 5 psp games over the past week lol. i plan to stop for like 2 weeks because of my holiday lol. ive turned off my uploads on limewire (i think i did it right) and turned it to the lowest i could on bittorrent(i think) so i should be ok. i download mainly because of the convenience and because of the expensive high street prices.

i think the only reason why people download software and crack it is because it normally costs way to much, i mean Macromedia software can be about £1000, but would you pay that or download it for free?

Back
Top Bottom