I'm so screwed....

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I tried to install linux onto my external HDD because I read you can do it. Well it didn't work. I left my internal HDD unplugged and didn't format that or screw it up. turns out some of the files on the install CD were corrupt so the install didn't work. Also my Dell Restore system is screwed because I think I messed up the partitions. Guess it's off to get a new HDD and copy of windows... (Darn no more cheap dell one... :D )

Troy

EDIT: I fixed the external HDD problem, turns out I had to make a logical partition and it worked. I'm still gonna get a new HDD so my case upgrade will have to wait. I hate my HDD now, it's too loud and unstable but if you still know how to fix the restore problem, let me know because I don't wanna crash between now and the next few weeks...

Matt08642 said:
Congrats on getting XP, as opposed to XDELLP! :D

:D thank you! I think i fixed the restore problem, but i still want a new HDD that I can't hear when it seeks! this one is so loud I can hear it across the room, i'm dead serious. I have to turn the sound up to drain the noise out of it. I'm not sure if the drive is supposed to run like that but it bugs me! Can't wait to get a nice quiet drive....

Back
Top Bottom