Vista?

BamaFan2989 said:
Shouldn't we all like boycott it...?

The OS is going to be using like 1/2 of our resources :p

Why would you think that? Because of the beta? :rolleyes:

Is it going to change after Beta?

And no, I think there are specs for the basic version and "premium" version coming out.

Probably. Why do you think it's slated for a January 2007 release? The beta is so half-assed right now.

Haha, I didn't try to sound mean or anything. Just telling you the truth. ;) Anyways, I'm not going to get Vista for maybe a year or so after it releases. The price will be INSANE.

Does anyone have a clue on how much it will cost? I might have a job by then lol. I rather get vista because probally a lot of programs will turn that way... and you know how microsoft is. Whenever it comes out windows xp is gonna be like 98 compared to vista even though i think it would still eat up a lot of ram, proccesing, and hd space. Im also not sure on what version to buy though if im even goin to get it.

As of like today, I think Microsoft will no longer support Win 98 or Win 98 SE. At least so says the paper. So its been sense 1998 till now. Its survived through Win Me, Xp and Beta testing stages of Vista.

So Xp will still be alive once vista is around.

I'm not gonna get Vista until AT LEAST a year after its been out. I still have a feeling Vista will be a huge resource hog. I like the look of vista but that's about it. I got a program called Vista Transformer Pack 4, which makes my PC look pretty identical to Vista beta 2 and it doesn't hog any resources. I still think XP is great except for the fact that its succeptible to malware but hey nothing's perfect right?

to be honest, i'm counting the days for the vista release, i'm really looking forward to seeing first hand the changes that microsoft decided to make, and when it's released, i'll probably be the first idiot in line for it. i'm gonna get alot of ridicule for that last statement, but... hey! whatever.

Back
Top Bottom