WTF is up with my 7600gt

spiritd said:
Same with my 7600 GT, I only get like 70 fps in CS too lol. I don't think there is anything wrong with our cards, I think in CS and CS:S the fps maybe capped or something, like in Halo my fps is capped to 30, just play fear if you can play fear on max settings smoothly then it's all good! (I can)
in cs go in console and type fps_max 101 the default for cs is 72 i think

K guys, thanks for the reassurance. I expected 130fps because I read a review on Newegg of a person getting it that high. Counterstrike sucks in my opinion. It kills no time. I always think in the back of my mind of how much time I have been playing, where as in World of Warcraft, I can play for hours and feel like it has been minutes.

I love my card though, I think I will go check out the PREY demo.

cs:s.. try typing *fps_max XXX* in console. that should lift the fps caps. also.. turn off v-sync.

The Power said:
K guys, thanks for the reassurance. I expected 130fps because I read a review on Newegg of a person getting it that high. Counterstrike sucks in my opinion. It kills no time. I always think in the back of my mind of how much time I have been playing, where as in World of Warcraft, I can play for hours and feel like it has been minutes.

I love my card though, I think I will go check out the PREY demo.

I barely pay attention to those reviews.. most of them are over-exaggerative. I don't trust them.

Back
Top Bottom