iPod or Creative Zen?

Go with the zen... itunes really sucks... changing the format and everything... my 10gb took a long time... with my zen, it was just a matter of transfering the songs...

drumthrasher, is that why your Ipod can play more than its meant to?

Does it by any chance add any more sound features to the mix?

Gapless playback sounds good. Not alot of MP3 players have that, but if that adds it on the Ipod itself, its pretty kewl.

I'm pretty sure all these extra features will use up battery life so much though. Especially Ogg.

jac006 said:
Go with the zen... itunes really sucks... changing the format and everything... my 10gb took a long time... with my zen, it was just a matter of transfering the songs...

Definately. AAC is way more obsure compared to MP3 and WMA.

to jac006...u do not have to convert anything! u can transfer your tunes from what ever format they are! and itunes is getting better and better.
to kage...yes, is has more sound features. you can change the pitch, and many other things. the battery life is pretty good. i just leave mine charged whenever i'm not using it so ya...
to alvino...aac sucks...u don't have to use aac for ipods.

Yeah, I guess with the extra firmware update (un-official), the features turn out pretty good.

I wish people did that with Creative players...

Kage said:
Yeah, I guess with the extra firmware update (un-official), the features turn out pretty good.

I wish people did that with Creative players...

Mate, It's not an update it's a replacement.
Secondly they're probably going to try and port RB to the ZVM but the standard firmware is pretty damn good, Also RockBox won't be able to play Xvid.

drumthrasher said:
u can with and ipod! with ipods u can play mp3, aac, wma, ogg, wav, mid, mp4, wmv, m4a, m4v, h.264. the ipod has WAY more features than any other player in the world.
Refer to an iPod with RB as a RBiPod or something to be clear.

iPod supports:

AUDIO

AAC | MP3 | WAV |

VIDEO
H.264 | MPEG-4 | m4v | mp4 | mov |

ZVM supports:
AUDIO
MP3 | WMA | WAV |

VIDEO
DivXâ„¢ 4 & 55 | XviD5 | MPEG-1 to 4-SP | WMV9 | Motion-JPEG |

The ZVM has supremacy in the video format support there.
And I'm not going to get into the
superb navigation/Menu system
customisable theme and wallpaper
colours
screen quality
Audio quality
Battery life
NON-CONFORMISTNESS

The iPod is a good player dont get me wrong but the Gen5iPod doesn't even come with an AC Adapter...

Yep :D

Though I'm not that happy with the battery life, as I need more than 14 hours to tell the truth, but its better than the Ipod in that (at least the 30gb version)

I want someone to create replacement Zen Vision M firmware if it was possible! They'll probably do a much better job than Creative, haha.

omg...the ipod will do more with some mods that take about 2 minutes to install. and the ipod can play WAV no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom