ps3

King of Kings said:
now thats a gaming system second only to a computer and psp,cant wait to see someone hook it up with water cooling

2ab894be9fbf1a3da409c4c4dab1e359.jpg

i like the ps2 controller but i hope that they come out with some thing new.
Just like the X-Box i hated the first x box controller, but i have the 360 controller for my pc and i love it !

Well the PS3 controller (that looks almost exactly like the PS2 version) is finished.

It has movement sensors (nothing like Wii's), but because of the movement sensor (more like, they lost the dual force rumble in court), the controller doesn't have vibration.

yeah i love the creative desig thoughts put in the ps3 controller. espeially the first design, looked like a damn boomerang. i think they just scraped the whole boomerang design and needed a controller for pictures and made it a replica of ps2. hopefully they will change the design. even though i don't know how well the sales will go, $599.99 *ouch!*

A creative design?... How can it be creative if they've just used the same as the others?
There kind of stuck with that now though. No PS fan is going to like any other design thats changed dramatically.

Plus, before E3, the vibration was added and developers were told, only 2 weeks prior to the show, so for example Warhawk developers had to work solid almost to get a bit of movement into the game. Thats obviously a bit of jealousy for the Wii...

That boomerang design for example could have been very comfortable.

yeah i love the creative desig thoughts put in the ps3 controller. espeially the first design, looked like a damn boomerang. i think they just scraped the whole boomerang design and needed a controller for pictures and made it a replica of ps2. hopefully they will change the design. even though i don't know how well the sales will go, $599.99 *ouch!*

Blu-ray drives run for a 1,000+ BTW.

PS3 has one.

As for me wasting 599.99 on a gaming console, or even 299, or even 199 or well maybe not 99 if its really GREAT but even thats a stretch.

Graphics isn't everything. I still play Galaxian (1986), pacman (1982) dig dug (1981) pole postion (1989)

CS:S doesn't impress me because of its graphics, the physics on that game in my mind are mind blogging awesome.

In fact I read in a article once that physics may one day in fact become so utterly advanced that MOBOs with two CPUs (not a dual core cpu or quad but two phsyciall CPUS) will be required because of teh graphicly intesnive type of play, and phsyical demands.

Yeah Nik00117, you think the same way as me. Its the physics thats going to power next generation games, and not all graphics.

A game with excellent graphics, could have rubbish physics, spoiling it completly.

The Wii has the advantage (not in terms of power, but in terms of reality control) over the others.

The PS3 could though on the other hand, have an advacement over Xbox 360 in the physics department, but there physics can run in one of the cores.

The Xbox 360 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) runs physics (for example Ageia) through software.

Ronco Rox said:

Wow...

First, the PS3 controller is SHORT of anything creative. Calling it a bite-off-of-all-trades would be the appropriate term for it. The first concept of the PS3 controller was this ugly boomerang controller. Now, all they did was get a DualShock 2 controller and slap in Bluetooth along with motion sensing technology. Have you seen it? No rumble (one company did come out with a technology that allows controllers to have motion sensing and rumble together, but Sony was wrapped up in a legal dispute with them, so don't expect anything from them). The PlayStation logo is supposed to be a button, something bitten off from the Xbox 360's Guide button. The motion sensing technology is just another bite off from the Nintendo Wii's controller, and can't even compare. If you ask me, Sony has no creativity at all, and just relies on taking a little bit here and there from the competition just to make things look better for them.

King of Kings said:
Well,I dont know about actuall in game experience,but as far as power,its 2x the 360 and 15 the Wii.

great graphics to say the least

Please, please DO NOT judge power based on paper specs. They mean NOTHING. If you compare them to actual real-time footage (which Sony tends to have problems with) the difference between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 is not even noticable.

Anyways, I digress...

If you ask me, I would rather have the Xbox 360. It's such a media powerhouse. You can sync with Windows based computers, use Xbox Live (the best online gaming service, EVER), Live Arcade, and even use Live Anywhere. What does that mean? You can play the same games on the Xbox 360 along with PC gamers. Or, if you want, you can even continue a game you were playing on Xbox 360 on your PC, or if you have a Windows Mobile phone, you can even play Live Arcade games on the go or stream media using Live Anywhere.

Live Arcade is also one of the most interesting things the Xbox Live service has to offer. Microsoft has made deals with TONS of old school developers like Namco, Konami etc. You can now have the same games from the 8-Bit era, in HD. :D The current Arcade lineup isn't too big, with Geometry Wars etc. However, what is coming up is even more impressive. Don't forget, all these games are just like the original, only visually improved. :) This is what is coming to Live Arcade soon.

Arcade Ports:
-Pac-Man
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Contra
-Super Contra
-Frogger
-Galaga
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Defender
-Track & Field
-Dig Dug
-Rally X
-Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
-Time Pilot
-Scramble
-Paperboy
-Root Beer Tapper
-Ultra Mortal Kombate 3

Non-Arcade Ports:
-Lumines Live!
-Small Arms
-Heavy Weapon

However, I digress. If you ask me, the Xbox 360 is the way to go. Sure, the PS3 sounds all powerful, but the price tag doesn't justify the performance and features. Even getting a Xbox 360 with the external HD-DVD drive (coming this Holiday season) doesn't cost as much as the $600 model of the PS3. Becides, by the time the PS3 comes out, the Xbox 360 will already have a considerable game library, with over 160 games. The next year will be so awesome for the Xbox 360, with so many games coming out. Here are some games that will be coming out by the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Can't beat this!)
- Overlord (British humor meets Lord of the Rings :p)
- Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (It's not too bad, really)
- Battlestations: Midway (World War II Pacific Theatre sim)
- Enchanged Arms (Interesting RPG, looks Final Fantasy based)
- Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (The Rock is in this one, so it owns)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Fast driving meets hot cars meets MMO style gameplay)
- Winning Eleven: Pro Soccer Evolution 2007 (Japan's best selling Soccer/Football game)
- Army of Two (Details are sketchy, but one thing is known: Online Co-Op! :D)
- Blue Dragon (Another J-RPG, looks pretty good)
- F.E.A.R. (THAT'S RIGHT! For all the people that can't afford the PC hardware, just buy the Xbox 360 and play F.E.A.R. equivalent to a PC on Max settings)
- Justice League Heroes (I guess they want to revive the Xbox, because this isn't on the Xbox 360, only Xbox)
- John Woo's Stranglehold (This one should be good, considering it has John Woo's, the famous Chinese choreorgrapher, moves. Chow Yun-Fat stars in this game as some police detective)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (One thing: OHMYGOD!)
- Family Guy (Haha, why watch it when you can play it?)
- Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Skateboarding in HD, awesome)
- Timeshift (Old title, but new publisher may breathe life into it)
- Alan Wake (Condemned: Criminal Origins scary, but probably even better)
- Frontlines: Fuel of War (Another great looking war game)
- Mobile Ops: The Hundred-Year War (Gundam owns, period)
- Ninety-Nine Nights (Dynasty Warriors, but even better!)
- DDR Universe (Ahh, the holy one and only, DDR)
- DDR Ultramix 4 (Yay! Another DDR fest!)
- Just Cause (Think FarCry meets Grand Theft Auto)
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (This series never dies, does it?)
- Superman Returns (Superman in HD = Ownage)
- Alone in the Dark (This series has gotten lots of negativity, but the next chapter will be in HD and it'll look good. Expect to see more)
- World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions (Nothing "oh-ah" about this game, but one feature is pretty cool. It supports the Xbox Live Vision camera, so if you're playing online matches, you can see your opponent's face)
- World Championship Poker: Featuring Howard Lederer "All In" (Another poker game)
- Crackdown (Supercop meets Grand Theft Auto, except you play as a cop)
- Destroy All Humans! 2 (The sequel to the suprisingly fun RPG-style game where you play as a Martian alien on earth)
- Haze (Another FPS, but coming from Ubisoft, expect a lot)
- Indiana Jones [Working Title] (Little is known about this one, but expect lots of action as you bustle through San Francisco)
- Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Sure, it's Legos, but Lego = Ownage. The first Lego Star Wars game wasn't bad, so expect to see something from this title)
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent (THIS IS IT! Ubisoft has outdone themselves...this game is awesome, so much decision making to do, but each decision has an impact on the whole game)
- Rainbow Six Vegas (From the gameplay I've seen, this one will be good, really good)
- Dead Rising (Probably the only game where killing zombies is actually fun and ROFLMFAO-worthy, instead of scary)
- Huxley (Not only does this game allow cross-platform online play, this game is a FPSMMO, meaning BIG online fights)
- The Darkness (Another horror/action/shooter)
- Hellboy (Comic to movie to game adaptation, nothing suprising)
- The Sopranos: The Game (Self-explanatory)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Old school gaming meets next-gen hardware and HD)
- Star Trek: Legacy (Beam me up, Scotty!)
- Star Wars 2007 [Working Title] (Another Star Wars game from the guys at Lucasarts)
- Fable 2 (Every decision has it's consequences...)
- Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (It's Operation: Market Garden in HD, and it'll OWN)
- Eragon (Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings)
- Virtua Tennis 3 (Self-explanatory)
- Too Human (This action-RPG trilogy sounds good, even has 4 player online co-op over Live)
- Phantasy Star Universe (I'm sure most of you have heard of that Gamecube hit)
- BioShock (Wow, it's F.E.A.R. meets water meets Condemned)
- Viva Pinata (Sounds dumb, but if you saw the E3 demo from Microsoft's press conference, it's actually not bad)
- WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 (Not bad...but I like Dead or Alive 4 or Fight Night Round 3 better)
- Xiaolin Showdown (Anyone seen that saturday morning cartoon before?)
- Mass Effect (Coming from BioWare, the creators of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire, expect this Sci-Fi RPG to be GOOD)
- Turok (It's back and ready to kick ass!)
- Gears of War (This is the next Halo. Period.)

Games I hope will eventually be on the Xbox 360:
- Assassin's Creed (The E3 demo was AWESOME, and even though Ubisoft has only announced it for the PS3, the demo was strangely running on a Xbox 360 debug kit. Hmmm...strange)
- Unreal Tournament 2007 (Only PC and PS3? Blasphemy! Never underestimate the power of the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live!)
- Crysis (Sorry, it's currently a Windows Vista only release, thanks to EA :()
- Spore (The next game from Will Wright, the creator of the legendary Sim City series, this one will be nice, but only on PC for now)
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (The first Mercenaries game wasn't so great, but it was on the Xbox too! What's with the PS3 only?)

Wow, now I realized how long my post was...haha, if you've read up to here, congratulations! This post has taken my about 15-20 minutes to type (partially interrupted by dinner). Anyways, enjoy!

Kage said:
Yeah Nik00117, you think the same way as me. Its the physics thats going to power next generation games, and not all graphics.

A game with excellent graphics, could have rubbish physics, spoiling it completly.

The Wii has the advantage (not in terms of power, but in terms of reality control) over the others.

The PS3 could though on the other hand, have an advacement over Xbox 360 in the physics department, but there physics can run in one of the cores.

The Xbox 360 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) runs physics (for example Ageia) through software.

Sorry, but just noticed this post, and if you see why I didn't include it in my above post...heh. :p

The Xbox 360 can do physics through the Tri-Core's vector units. Each core has one.

Wow. A very long post :p

Alot of good games though, I've got to say, and I believe the same as you too.

As for Wii, it doesn't have to run graphics in HD resoloutions, so its possible for graphics to be alot better than you might think.

Back
Top Bottom