WTF is up with my 7600gt

The Power

Daemon Poster
I bought it knowing I could play most games at the best settings and my CS source frame rate didn't go over 100 like I thought it would. I thought I could get it at 130 but I am still suck at the 50-80 rance. What is up with this?

BTW I disabled the onboard card for those of you who read my other topic.

well, its the same with most Video Cards.. i've heard it's even the same with a x1900 XTX

Same with my 7600 GT, I only get like 70 fps in CS too lol. I don't think there is anything wrong with our cards, I think in CS and CS:S the fps maybe capped or something, like in Halo my fps is capped to 30, just play fear if you can play fear on max settings smoothly then it's all good! (I can)

Yeah, there is probbaly a setting that'll increase the amount you can get though using the command window, but truthully, you do not need any more FPS than that.

The Power said:
I bought it knowing I could play most games at the best settings and my CS source frame rate didn't go over 100 like I thought it would. I thought I could get it at 130 but I am still suck at the 50-80 rance. What is up with this?

BTW I disabled the onboard card for those of you who read my other topic.
Your completely insane if you expect any modern machine to keep 100+ fps the whole time in CS Source. That game is VERY CPU demanding. Even with the fastest CPU available, you are going to get FPS drops from time to time. I have the same video card as you, and depending on whats going on in game I manage 40+ fps.

Even if you put the settings at minimum, your FPS will not be better in cpu demanding situations.

Your 7600GT is fine, you just expected too much from the wrong piece of hardware.

i rarely get 100 FPS in CS:C, not too much though... i barely play it anymore.

and yeah, i agree with mike, it's not just your video card! you have a processor, and ram too! and by the way, i don't think CSC can count over 100 fps. I've got a 7600gt as well, and it's not just your gpu

MikeReiner said:
Your completely insane if you expect any modern machine to keep 100+ fps the whole time in CS Source. That game is VERY CPU demanding. Even with the fastest CPU available, you are going to get FPS drops from time to time. I have the same video card as you, and depending on whats going on in game I manage 40+ fps.

Even if you put the settings at minimum, your FPS will not be better in cpu demanding situations.

Your 7600GT is fine, you just expected too much from the wrong piece of hardware.
I keep around 150-200fps in cs:s. Maybe sometimes it drops down around 100. Thats with full shadows and all that on 1024 x 768. So he isnt really insane. Really it dosen't matter what your framerate is as long as its over 30. Anything below that gets choppy IMO.

Yeah, anything above 30 and I'm happy in a game.

Its good though for it to be higher, because you realise how capable your computer is, etc.

If its drops to barely playable levels, you always think your computers poorer than everyone elses, regardless of wheather it looks smooth or not.

joepic said:
i rarely get 100 FPS in CS:C, not too much though... i barely play it anymore.

and yeah, i agree with mike, it's not just your video card! you have a processor, and ram too! and by the way, i don't think CSC can count over 100 fps. I've got a 7600gt as well, and it's not just your gpu
It easily counts past 100.
The Amish Kid said:
I keep around 150-200fps in cs:s. Maybe sometimes it drops down around 100. So he isnt really insane. Really it dosen't matter what your framerate is as long as its over 30. Anything below that gets choppy IMO.
What kind of servers do you play in? If you get fps that good, I somehow doubt you ever play with a lot of people in the more demanding maps. I can easily keep 90+ fps most of the time in servers with just 10 people.

MikeReiner said:
It easily counts past 100.

What kind of servers do you play in? If you get fps that good, I somehow doubt you ever play with a lot of people in the more demanding maps. I can easily keep 90+ fps most of the time in servers with just 10 people.
I usually play in servers with about 20 people. Sometimes there's less but its usually around 20.

Back
Top Bottom