iPod or Creative Zen?

u can with and ipod! with ipods u can play mp3, aac, wma, ogg, wav, mid, mp4, wmv, m4a, m4v, h.264. the ipod has WAY more features than any other player in the world.

Ipod can play Ogg and Midi files?...Are you sure?...:eek:

They need a player now that allows plugins, to play MOD/XM/S3M formats and i'll be sorted :p

EDIT:

Are you sure Itunes doesn't just grab those sound files, and convert them to AAC? Which is its music playing format? That seems more likely.

So even though you can import them, the player itself won't be able to play the original OGG files (which is very battery intensive), and MIDI (which would need a midi sound bank...). It just converts them, taking away the point.

no...it has nothing to do with itunes. just put it on your ipod, put it on your ipod and use the file browser to play it. it does not convert them, it plays them straight up.

Yeah, but when dragging to the Ipod, I'm guessing it would convert, because I honestly doubt the Ipod natively without a computer, can play these file formats for instance if your listening out on the streets.

But yeah, you could drag it onto the Ipod and play on a computer fine.

I have found this though, which seems to be something, like an unofficial update for the Ipod to natively play the files:

"If you use Rockbox you can get it to play MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AC3, AAC, Musepack, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, Shorten, WAV, and Wavpack as well as a huge bunch of other features, like gapless, doom.......

See here....

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WhyRockbox "

Maybe thats just on a computer too, but it makes it out like you would be able to on the Ipod itself after running that.

drumthrasher said:
u can with and ipod! with ipods u can play mp3, aac, wma, ogg, wav, mid, mp4, wmv, m4a, m4v, h.264. the ipod has WAY more features than any other player in the world.

Can it play DivX or XviD? No.

If you're looking for the most codecs supported, the Zen Vision M is the way to go.

Has anyone tried Rockbox for the Ipod? Is it a extension of the original firmware to allow for more compatability, etc?

I havent. but if someone has, tell me about it, cause il try anything for this stupid piece of junk right now... (the battery life is low for some reason :( )

Back
Top Bottom