1.8ghz Cpu

JP198780

In Runtime
i just gotta P4 Optiplex GX240 a couple days ago, had no CPU, soo i bought 1 off of Ebay 4 $26, the specs on the pc are: 1.8GHZ CPU, 256MB RAM, 32-64MB graphics card, im going 2 be upgrading the graphics card later, what games could i play now?

starcraft? lol, sounds like an older game? is it? well my friends brother, thats who had this, used 2 play CS Source with this lol, and played pretty well, freezing here and there, but had thousands of viruses :rolleyes:, that didnt help it any.

how about when i get a 128MB graphics card? then what could i play?

yer u need atleast 512 or a gb or ram. if your a serious gamer then do some research into good graphics cards so your not disappointed by the proformance

I agree starcaft however is a GREAT GAME period.

1.8 Ghz is kinda weak IMHO esp considering its a intel (not bashing). However that should do fine if yu want to play CS:S. And a gig of ram will make your life so much nicer. Theres a HUGE DIFF betweewn 512 and a gig.

Geforce 7600 or 6800 is more then enough IMO. Should play just nicely.

ok, thanks dude, yeah, im probrably going 2 get 512, it's PC-100, soo i'll have 2 get 2x512 4 1gig.

"Geforce 7600 or 6800", which is better of the 2? and they come in 128MB?

I have a 6200 that's a 128mb and that plays CS:S pretty well. 800x600 and medium settings

But i'd go 7600 if u had the money for it

is that a AGP? how would it play on full settings? and how are the graphics now on medium? you probrably also have a better pc than my GX240.

Oh yeah.. i forgot to put that into consideration. My current comp should be in my sig now and the video card i have is AGP. I didn't bother trying out high settings YET, since I lag in super crowded areas so i didn't want to step it up. Medium would be the highest to go for smooth gameplay in CS (looks GREAT), but for HL2, high would probably be smooth.

Back
Top Bottom