AMD or Intel

Core 2 Duo, once released, will be superior to anything in AMD's current desktop lineup. Current Core 2 Duo ES's (Engineering Samples) already beat anything AMD has, and by a fair margin in everything. Games, multimedia, you name it.

Then, when August comes around, the mobile Core 2 Duo's will be released, and Merom will FLY. Turion X2 will have NOTHING on it. :D

AMD i prefer because im a gamer...i dont care about the rest im just a gamer..and an encoder and its great with a AMD 64 4000+

Im an AMD user... Never used an intel... prolly never will... no one will change my mind, cuz thats just how I am lol. but anyways... I still think AMD is a better gaming proc... im sure Intel isnt much worse if at all... ive just never had a prob with an AMD

I like intel for its simplicity, broad compatibility, and performance. Intel is best known for its new innovations such as dual core technology. They also have the best reliability (in my opinion) since they incorporate safety mechanisms (lowering clock speed or shutting down the comp) that prevent CPU damage from excessive heat due to whatever hardware failure. I've heard stories of AMD processors smoking from their case in the middle of the night when their CPU fan died
frown.gif
. Though Intel's prices of their processor may be high, its better than paying for both a new motherboard and processor
biggrin.gif

For everyone, how many AMD TV commercials has anyone seen?
redface.gif
(So far I havent) Since intel's processors are widely known, it looks like intel will lead the way.

AMD has always been the underdog. They have commercials...not many TV commercials, but I've seen TONS of AMD Billboards. Yeah, Intel does have nice safety mechanisms.

Intel is actually very innovative. They invented PCI-Express, started the adoption of DDR2, started the whole manufacturing process movement. First from 130nm to 90nm now to 65nm and in two years it'll be 45nm and two more will bring 32nm. :D "New Microprocessor Technology Every Two Years" is something like what they said.

Back
Top Bottom