Looking For a BTX Case

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible to transfer all my Dell components into a new case. The case it has is a BTX tower and it uses that cooling system. I would like to transfer all my parts into a new case so when I want to upgrade in the future, I can do that. I don't like the case on my system and was looking for something a little bit more modern and sleek looking.

any help would be appreciated,
Troy

Uuum..swapping cases with DELLS can be a tricky business, because, the power connectors from the case to the motherboard, are custom to DELL cases, see if they look standard, but I would not get my hopes up..

If he wants to swap all the stuff, it depends on their structure, not connectors.

Huh? Every (standard) case, comes with these..

sb059.jpg

Correct?

Those, are plugged in, to standard motherboards..correct?

If most of the DELL motherboards, use their own, custom, non-standard, connectors, he will not be able to make it work, without buying a new motherboard. Trust me, I tried to swap the case on my DELL computer once, and I had to buy a new motherboard..

This part circled on the picture, is the DELL motherboard connector, for the Power, LED, Reset switch on, HDD light etc. The bit that plugs into that, comes from DELL cases, and is in the form of a ribbon. Therefore, not standard. :)

joxley1990 said:
Huh? Every (standard) case, comes with these..

sb059.jpg

Correct?

Those, are plugged in, to standard motherboards..correct?

If most of the DELL motherboards, use their own, custom, non-standard, connectors, he will not be able to make it work, without buying a new motherboard. Trust me, I tried to swap the case on my DELL computer once, and I had to buy a new motherboard..

This part circled on the picture, is the DELL motherboard connector, for the Power, LED, Reset switch on, HDD light etc. The bit that plugs into that, comes from DELL cases, and is in the form of a ribbon. Therefore, not standard. :)

That is one ugly mobo lol

Thanks for the advice guys. Guess that's what I get for buying a dell.... I think i'll just get an ATX mobo with the same RAM compatiblity as mine, and with a Pentium D this time (I would go athlon but I don't wanna have to get new RAM). It might be awhile before I do this move but when I do, I wanna have a cool looking case and I'll post pics. up once it's complete.

Troy

troy272 said:
Thanks for the advice guys. Guess that's what I get for buying a dell.... I think i'll just get an ATX mobo with the same RAM compatiblity as mine, and with a Pentium D this time (I would go athlon but I don't wanna have to get new RAM). It might be awhile before I do this move but when I do, I wanna have a cool looking case and I'll post pics. up once it's complete.

Troy

You would not have to buy new RAM, if you really want, just buy an ATX case, a new motherboard, and build everything up, and you will have a customized PC then, no more DELL logo's on boot up lol

You could get an AMD, and just find a motherboard that supports the RAM you use, that would not be too hard to do. What are your current specs? And which socket number do you use at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom