Different desktop pictures for dual display?

Ouch, unlucky, invest in another monitor, Im loving my TWO 19" TFT DELLS

Haha...sorry, something to be proud of..

Noo :p I meant my other unused monitor is a 15incher.

I'm running a 17 inch LCD at the moment :D
Its not 19inch, but then again, I've never used a monitor that is bigger than 17 inch I don't believe.

It's not all different, just another 2"! haha

You dont really notice the difference, I could have two 17" and not notice a difference.

I notice the difference from 15 to 17. Its quite big if you think about it.

17 to 19 you can see a diff i';m sure. Look at a 15, then look at a 17 a 15 seems SO MUCH SMALLER.

Kage said:
I haven't seen an option to do that, specifically.

But, the way I got round it was by doing thus:

Simply get your desktop picture, and in Photoshop or something, make the width double the size. In the space you have, add another picture, so you have two pictures side by side. (So 1 picture fills one monitors width in res, while the other fills the other monitors width in res)

So for a 1280x1024 resoloution on both, you'd have a 2560x1024 res picture.

When you then apply this desktop image, you have two seperate images on different screens.

I hope this helps :)

ingenious idea!!! sod it to another program running in the processes/startup to just put a different background on the other display, just do what kage said. dont know why i didnt i think of that

I tried the program joxley wrote about, it's pretty neat. I also like that you can move a window to the other side and have it move the taskbar icon to that display also. The stretch window to both displays is another thing I like. I have 2 older CRTs that are the same size, and a p3 PC w/ win xp that has an integrated graphics and an S3 PCI graphics card, not the latest technology. I'll eventually save some money and get a better desktop PC with better graphics and maybe 3 displays.

You wont need three displays, I tried it a while ago, haha, I use the old S3 cards here and there, they seem to be compatible with anything!

joxley1990 said:
You wont need three displays, I tried it a while ago, haha, I use the old S3 cards here and there, they seem to be compatible with anything!
Yeah, I know I won't need 3 displays to use the software, I'm using it right now on that p3 PC. Just later on I want to get a PC w/ 3 displays.

Back
Top Bottom