Phishing sites

I just tried spysweeper. Ill do a hijack this, and that should take care of it. But the thing is that, NO program has found it yet. I find that rather weird..

ArrizX said:
I just tried spysweeper. Ill do a hijack this, and that should take care of it. But the thing is that, NO program has found it yet. I find that rather weird..
I had a winfixer problem awhile back. I used spysweeper, spybot, norton (which i had back then but discovered it sucked), ad-aware, and windows defender none of which caught the little bugger! This was before I knew about HiJackThis so i was stuck reformatting a hard drive :mad: but luckily I haven't had a problem since switching over to mozilla firefox for good.

IIRC some files I pull from P2P download folders have some sort of inbuilt add in them. That it when I open the file they automatically open an add in IE, so I just deleted the file and downloaded another version of the file. So what I'm suggesting is that the window popping up is most likely inbuilt into the file, in which you would most likely need to download another version.

Back
Top Bottom