Services and Startups! Oh joy!

Yeah, that's another thing... perhaps if a mod changed the title of this thread to something flashier and unstickied? :p

Maybe if it was at the bottom of the thread sticky list, where the other threads were, I'd notice it more, but it definietly takes a while for my eyes to see this.

I just tried putting the title as bold, but it displayed the [/B] instead haha...

I do have a question though. Where do you go to set these to Manual/Automatic, etc?

I've tried MSconfig, but this doesn't allow me to do it. I've gone to Processes in the Task Manager, and this hasn't let me do it either (or the ones in MSConfig, aren't on this list)

Hey, I haven't seen you on here before. Welcome :)

Yeah, luckily I don't, so I made sure to disable that :p

At the moment, without changing anything, I have off:

C-Dillasrv
ipod service
style xp service (was causing problems when it ran out)
SymWMI service

Thats it for the Services.

Startup, I have alot turned off, for example, I don't let Steam start up anymore unless I want it to, and the same goes with the Adobe range, like Adobe Gammer loader, and
Adobe Reader Speed Launch (The Microsoft Office of thats off as well)

I also have off all the Symantec ones (I had Norton installed, but I deleted it. No idea why they are still there)

trance-n-e said:
Hmm. Well iPodService is definetly related to your iPod, so if you still have one, id leave that on.

isnt iPodservice also to do with your iTunes?

From what I know, iPodService is used to interact your iPod with your iTunes, so when you plug in the iPod, iTunes will recognise it.

Hahahaha, thats why when my mate connected up his Ipod, Itunes just went, huh? :p hahaha

looks like adware/spyware. bloody hell you have a lot. how much ram do you have?

speaking of processes, can someone tell me why my wireless network card (wmp54g.exe) takes up 321 megs of RAM????? do i even need it? when i end it, i get disconnected from my network... can someone help?

321 MB of RAM?!!!!! Thats insane, thats just not rigth man... I mean if that would be right, than even the 256 MB RAM laptops being sold now wouldnt be able to work.

i dont understand! i gotta give them a call or something. i'm pissed! half of my games dont even take that much

Back
Top Bottom